No More iPods for me!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The iPhone is all I need in one beautiful device.

The biggest thing holding me back was 8Gb. Now that I have been using it, it is more than enough.

Good bye iPod. It was nice knowin' ya.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I think I could get by with 16GB.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

It's manageable, but you'll find that you do a lot more media swapping then you probably would with the 'load and go' larger iPods.

That said, it makes up for it in sexy.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    If only I didn't live in Canada: sigh. Well, my new Nano is awesome, too. And 8GB is plenty for me because I really only care about music, audiobooks and podcasts (I do have to swap off my audiobooks -- but who listens to more than one of those at a time?)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I have a 16GB Touch (no iPhones in Japan,yet) and have more than enough space,and I work with video (I use the Touch to preview and present videos). I really don't see why people complain about the size. Damn, I can't carry more music than I can listen to in a week; what has the world come to!!! But then, I'm old enough to remember dreaming of buying the first Walkman.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

The iPhone is all I need in one beautiful device.

The biggest thing holding me back was 8Gb. Now that I have been using it, it is more than enough.

Good bye iPod. It was nice knowin' ya.

iPhone needs to be about 60GB to really shine. I still like the iPhone, and 8GB is more than you'd think it is, but as it's "so many" things in one it needs a lot more storage really.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    60 Gigs on what is basically a flash player though? Wouldn't that be a bit expensive?

Maybe in a few years. That would be pretty sweet indeed. In all honesty, the capacity is one of the major things holding me back from buying either an iPhone or an iPod Touch (I *could* deal with 16 gigs, actually). I'm just going to wait until the HD-based players (Classic) are phased out, and the flash capacities are up. I'm the kind of person that likes to have everything with me - over 50 gigs, so the 60GB iPod Touch/iPhone would be incredible.

And woo! First post.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xTxRxAxVxIxSx View Post

60 Gigs on what is basically a flash player though? Wouldn't that be a bit expensive?

YES
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

YES

I can see the ad now...

iPhone. Yours for only $699

\
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xTxRxAxVxIxSx View Post

I can see the ad now...

iPhone. Yours for only $699

\

I never said it would happen soon.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Aye, they'll just keep doubling the capacity and keeping the prices the same as the tech costs come down.

It'll eventually get up there. Does anyone know what the largest storage capacity is on a phone? Is it the iPhone?