Apple sued for harassing air filtration firm over airPOD mark

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    I know a little about trademark issue and as long as the two products do not compete in the same market space you can have similar name if not exact names. Warner Brothers use to sue anyone and everyone for the use of the ACME name they used in their Roadrunner cartoons. Well they finally lose and the courts said anyone can use the word ACME, as like as long as it it had nothing to do with Cartoons.

Also, Apple was sued by in the days of the Duo product line when they came out with the Duo Dock. There was marine product company and they had a tradename on Duo Dock for a product that allow you to lift two jet skis out of the water and dock them. Well Apple won since computers did not compete with marine products.

With that same, I thinking this fight it not about the word POD, i think it is about the entire word AirPOD, I have a feeling that apple has a product in the works for the MacBookAir which might be called a AirPOD or AirDock and this is a preemptive strike on Apple part.

I could be wrong since it does not seem like the MacBookAir needs a dock of anysort.