Briefly: Development of Mac OS X 10.5.2 winding down

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Either way, it doesn't really matter because even the nicest looking structure is still crap if it's built upon a poor foundation.

I was thinking about where to start in my reply, but that does just fine.

Microsoft needed to get their act together with Vista and remake the OS from the ground up to place themselves on par with Apple. Their security problems would be better addressed from this perspective and it would make future Microsoft updates far less intrusive. I think it fell apart due to the Microsoft bureaucracy, which is actually a shame (this being the chief complaint of Microsoft engineers). They're going to have to keep building up their city on a fault line.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L255J View Post

I just wish they would make Mail more stable. I've had to Force Quit Mail more times than I've had to shut down my Macbook. It only manages two POP e-mails and one Micrsoft Exchange E-mail, and it rarely closes out properly, which has become really annoying.

I might have to try out Entourage '08 to see if it's any more stable.

You might have something corrupted. I have 16 pop e-mail accounts and a bunch of rules and subfolders to help sort the hundreds of emails I get every day, and Mail in leopard has not had one glitch on my macbook pro.

The only problems I have had with leopard is that it did not play nice with my versions of photoshop, illustrator, and filemaker pro.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Anybody hear anything more about this update? I'm starting to wonder if they haven't ran into some show-stopping bug right before release...

Joe
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Hopefully it will come out today.....
  • Reply 45 of 50
    I'm not holding my breath on this one. A lot of us expected it to be released during MacWorld week, then after that late last week when this thread started, now who knows? I suspect that with the MacBook Airs now claiming to have been shipped we *might* see something by the end of the week.

Have any more beta candidates been released since last week? Developers have been quiet.

Joe
  • Reply 46 of 50
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post

Anybody hear anything more about this update? I'm starting to wonder if they haven't ran into some show-stopping bug right before release...

Not likely. There have been two relases with zero known issues and no new developer release for a week. It appears they are holdiing onto it to coincide with the release of something else. My guess is the MacBook Air as 10.5.2 does contain new software for sharing an optical drive.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    When is the MBA supposed to be shipping then?
  • Reply 48 of 50
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

When is the MBA supposed to be shipping then?

Reports are that they have already shipped from China with the first deliveries to be made on Friday February 1st.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    I see that Time Capsule just shows shipping February in the store. I wonder if 10.5.2 will come out before that and if it does, will airdisk still be disabled.