Album Cover Help

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay so, i've got an iPod nano 3G, and i put music on it and put the album artwork on via 'Get Info > Artwork'. I unplug the iPod, load it up and the album artwork is just a black box. I tried getting a different image and it still does this.

For Example:

i had some fall out boy on an album, with the artwork in place. i added a new fall out boy song to this album and the album is now appearing twice, once in it's correct, alphabetical place and once at the very end, with a black cover. both album's have the same songs on it.

Anyone else had this bother \

And more importantly, can any one help me??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    You likely have different id3 tags on the songs that are the problem. Go to each of the songs in iTunes and select the songs that should all be in one album (by holding down shift or control in windows, or command in OSX). Then press Control-I (or Command-I), or select "Get Info" from the appropriate menu. You should get an info box. Set the Artist and Album information as you want it. There is also a box into which you can manually drag album artwork (if none is showing up on your iPod, this may be a good idea).

A question, though: is all of your artwork not showing up? or is it just certain albums?

Note: it can be a good idea to "Get Info" for each individual track. From track to track (within an album), the only things that should change are "Track Number" and "Composer" (if the album is a compilation, then this is not true, but you can figure that out).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    There is an application called "FixTunes" that might be able to help here.

Skip
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

You likely have different id3 tags on the songs that are the problem. Go to each of the songs in iTunes and select the songs that should all be in one album (by holding down shift or control in windows, or command in OSX). Then press Control-I (or Command-I), or select "Get Info" from the appropriate menu. You should get an info box. Set the Artist and Album information as you want it. There is also a box into which you can manually drag album artwork (if none is showing up on your iPod, this may be a good idea).

A question, though: is all of your artwork not showing up? or is it just certain albums?

Note: it can be a good idea to "Get Info" for each individual track. From track to track (within an album), the only things that should change are "Track Number" and "Composer" (if the album is a compilation, then this is not true, but you can figure that out).

Well, i've tried your first method...and no luck \

Just certain albums.If i put all the songs that i want on the album on my ipod in 1 go, then it normally works. But if i put some on, the disconnect, then plug it back in later and put more on the album, it usually plays up. Hard to describe but i'll give it a go.....

Right, i have an album, with a few songs on it. I connect the ipod and put another song onto the album, making sure i put the same album artwork image onto it. I disconnect, then click on cover flow on the ipod. the albums appears alphabetically, and the album will appear with it's artwork in it's correct place, in alphabetical order, but it sometimes reapears at the very end of the cover flow list. It contains the exact same songs as the other copy of the album further up the list, but instead of having the album artwork on display, it just contains a black box as the album artwork. I can listen to it just like an album, and it's only the new song that i recently added that has the black box on the now playing screen, the others still have their album artwork. But on the computer, all the songs have images with them.

Hope this can be of some help to someone in understanding my problem
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wee-smiley-face View Post

Okay so, i've got an iPod nano 3G, and i put music on it and put the album artwork on via 'Get Info > Artwork'. I unplug the iPod, load it up and the album artwork is just a black box. I tried getting a different image and it still does this.

For Example:

i had some fall out boy on an album, with the artwork in place. i added a new fall out boy song to this album and the album is now appearing twice, once in it's correct, alphabetical place and once at the very end, with a black cover. both album's have the same songs on it.

Anyone else had this bother \

And more importantly, can any one help me??

Very simple. For all the songs to show up correctly as one album, there are three tags that need to be identical, to every detail.

The Album tag, the Album Artist Tag, and the Artist tag (only if the Album Artist Tag is blank).

I suggest you copy and paste your entry into each of these tags and your problem will be solved in iTunes.

To sync correctly with the iPod, you'll have to remove all the songs from that album and re-add them.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I am having issues myself with artwork not showing on my iphone. I import an album from cd using iTunes then play the first track so the drag artwork here appears and the artwork appears in iTunes Inc the new scroll album feature but not when I transfer to the device? I have tried highlighting all the tracks in the album but this doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Aj
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Very simple. For all the songs to show up correctly as one album, there are three tags that need to be identical, to every detail.

The Artist tag, the Album Artist Tag, and the Artist tag (only if the Album Artist Tag is blank).

I suggest you copy and paste your entry into each of these tags and your problem will be solved in iTunes.

To sync correctly with the iPod, you'll have to remove all the songs from that album and re-add them.

Well...everything is identical except the song name...i use the same cover file...everything