Garmin just released their iPhone!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
cGod those guys over on Engadget are a bunch of iPhone-haters. Commenters are gone crazy without even seeing the software in action. Anyway here's a familiar UI, well at least a little familiar.

Click image to visit!

Help.. a committee designed me!!

Here's a very interesting gallery!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    If it has swappable sims, full-featured web browser, especially one that supports Flash (I like playing Facebook Poker) and it doesn't run on Windows Mobile, count me in! Memory card slot would be an added bonus.

The lack of swappable sim is really what keeps me off of the iPhone. It was a lucrative choice for Apple in the US, where naive consumers are used to corporate abuse, but may be what kills the iPhone in Europe and Asia (even when it's "officially" released here). A locked SIM has no benefits to the consumer. None whatsoever.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If it has swappable sims, full-featured web browser, especially one that supports Flash (I like playing Facebook Poker) and it doesn't run on Windows Mobile, count me in! Memory card slot would be an added bonus.

The lack of swappable sim is really what keeps me off of the iPhone.

I feel ya.

Why swappable? Do you want it for just one network? (obviously not AT&T)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Non-North American users of mobile phones often hop networks when roaming. For example a German in Italy would find it much cheaper to buy an Italian network SIM and some minutes then roam in Italy on his German network.

It's not so bad anymore, but it still kills overseas so a German in the US would certainly want to buy an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM and some prepaid minutes.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I would guess that the fixed-SIM thing was a concession they made for AT&T. Still, what prevents me from getting an iPhone is that it only has 2G voice. I am eager for the 3G update, because regardless of what standard that uses it means the voice quality will be better.