is it me or is there a HUGE error in safari?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When you goto sites that involve popups - the pop ups happen but they are the wrong size to what Explorer and Netscape show them as being.

For example view

<a href="http://www.strawberryice.co.uk/"; target="_blank">http://www.strawberryice.co.uk/</a>;

Then click on enter

View this site in Safari - then view it in Explorer!! a vast difference....

I use this site as an example - but all sites involving popus do not size correctly!!!

A terrible error surely???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Where is its non-flash version? see pure html or skip everything in flash?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Mulattabianca:

<strong>Where is its non-flash version? see pure html or skip everything in flash?</strong><hr></blockquote>

there is no NON flash version - but this happens with all popups in Safari - they resize incorrectly.

VIEW in expolorer then view in Safari - Safari is WRONG!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    [quote]Originally posted by kittylitterdesign:

<strong>A terrible error surely???</strong><hr></blockquote>In a beta with a bug report button built in? Who'da thunk it?

• Reply 4 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I detest sites without html alternative ("skip everything in flash") = not all the world is always willing to wait and wait, in dsl etc.. = sometimes you have to not see the images either = in those cases a site like that is a 0 visualisation).

Why 2 popups? i saw one with popup blocking. But i don't disable the blocking only to see a flash site.

If you can see the site in IE what is the problem? Click the bug - button, and if you don't like using IE don't see that site again ..
  • Reply 5 of 11
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Really, using the bug button is far more practical than posting bugs on here.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    weird, chimera gave me one large window, safari gave me two, smaller windows.

neither one showed the same image though.

• Reply 7 of 11
    noseynosey Posts: 307member
    I would be more concerned with the fact that Hotmail does not open.

Of course, it is a Microsoft site, so maybe Safari just doesn't want to visit there...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Actually you can check Hotmail with Safari. I've done it several times. When you first log into Hotmail, it gives you an error page saying that you need to have Javascript installed, but if you click the "Hotmail" logo, it have you enter your password again, then it takes you to your mail. I'm checking hotmail as I type!

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: Man-at-Arms ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 11
    dalidali Posts: 32member
    Good catch - Bad Browser!

Seriously report the bug, this MUST get fixed. Huge issue!

BTW - Cool site - nice effect
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I just checked it out in Phoenix on Win 2k and only got one window. What exactly should happen?

edit: ignore me, I got the idea half way through the thread that two windows was the expected result.

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: stupider...likeafox ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 11
    u can just press the green maximize button and it expands to what seems to be full size... and yea use the bug button...