Safari will not allow me to visit some sites

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just received my new MBP and for some reason it will not let me visit some sites. This includes MacRumors, Apple, and Google. I don't know why. I have updated to the newest software. On a side note, when I was trying to install more RAM in my MBP, I was unable to unscrew one of the screws. I think that it might be partially stripped. Any ideas how to get it out? Will a trip to the genius bar help me out? Thanks for the reply's.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by capitanbuzo View Post

I just received my new MBP and for some reason it will not let me visit some sites. This includes MacRumors, Apple, and Google. I don't know why. I have updated to the newest software. On a side note, when I was trying to install more RAM in my MBP, I was unable to unscrew one of the screws. I think that it might be partially stripped. Any ideas how to get it out? Will a trip to the genius bar help me out? Thanks for the reply's.

Sounds like a Genius Bar trip to me.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    RAM has nothing to do with internet access. You've got some screwy internet settings. Try resetting Safari via Safari Menu>Reset Safari...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Of course I know that RAM has nothing to do with the internet. I was just stating another problem that I had.

Thanks for the help. I will try reseting Safari.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    try download and install mozilla firefox, if you get the same problems with firefox as with safari, than check your connection settings
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Seems unlikely Apple would block access to its own website...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Really strange...

You could try entering the DNS settings for OpenDNS to see if that solves the problem? (Check the site for details and follow the instructions; undo them when you finish if it does not). It is a little bit of a stretch, but your problem is also pretty strange. This probably won't be the case if other computers at your house work.

Trying Firefox is definitely something to do. It helps to narrow down the problem.