Parallels 3.0 Problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hay guys....

(the first paragraph describes my computer, the second describes my problem)

I just purchased and installed Parallels Desktop 3.0 b5584. I have a Mac mini (early 2006) with 2 gigs of RAM and an 80 gig internal (10.5 leopard). The internal has 5 gigs partitioned off for boot camp, which I have been using up til now. I also have a 320 external partitioned 3 ways: A FAT 32 partition, and 2 HFS+ partitions. So. I fire up parallels, and it detects my Boot Camp drive, and everything is good. I adjust the memory and a few other settings, then I click Run.

And that's where the trouble starts. Parallels says something about too may windows partitions, so I shut off and unplug my external. and then i click run again. Then Parallels just hangs. And it hangs and hangs and hangs. Someone tell me if this is normal, or what I can do to fix it.

Thanks,

Jake

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I take it you don't have the exact error? That would help in researching it.

That said, I decided running Parallels off a Boot Camp partition was a big mistake. It introduces far too many new bugs that you don't have to deal with when simply using an image. If you can, create a new Windows image just for Parallels and optimize it for use as a virtual environment. You'll be happier and you can store it on another drive (improving speed and freeing up space on your main drive, if needed).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    go for vmware fusion
  • Reply 3 of 3
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orionthx View Post

go for vmware fusion

is VMware better than Parallels?