List anything about everything about why Macs are better than PCs...

Comments

• Reply 81 of 112
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>I'm a loyal mac user, always will be.

But lets face it, PC hardware is better, and Linux is amazing, fast, and rubs me the right way

BUT, even with slightly slower hardware, its worth it for OS X. I've used PC's and yes I love the speed you get...of course i'd only go AMD and you have to build ur own computer. But linux just doesn't have the features and greatness that Apple can give you.

Give me a high end PC running Linux and i'm loving it, i'll think its amazing.

Give me a high end Mac runnign OS X and i'm loving it, i'll think its amazing-er</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ya, I would have to agree. PC hardware has surpassed the Mac in many ways (mostly in stupid unimportant ways and some in important ways). But, I'll tell you what, you get a PC running linux and I'll use it. Get me a computer running Windows and ill pee on it. Get me a computer running Mac OS X and i will break down and worship it. The PC just doesnt have a place in my heart...I am a Mac user...the few, the proud, the daring,

[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: Bioflavonoid ]</p>
  • Reply 82 of 112
    I have never had a problem with Linux, as it does not emit any hate rays. I do have a problem with the software most PCs run on though... So, when i say that I hate PCs I am hating the romantic view of most PCs: Windows Gatesmobiles.
  • Reply 83 of 112
    Alright, we know Windows PCs are cheap. But does anyone really want to learn a complicated, obscure OS just to use their computer? Even Windows Vista isn't as good as Mac OS X,
  • Reply 84 of 112
    ...1. Vista really isn't that different from its ancestors. It just features Aqua-based UI graphics, which is something Apple came up with ages ago.

2. In my opinion, Vista is just trying to borrow features from Mac OS X. For instance, there's the photo-editing and browsing software...(so, who came up with that idea first? Hint: starts with an A)

3. PC fans claim superiority over Mac fans. Hello?? Why are you talking about this? We are discussing computers, yes?

4. "PCs are cheaper." Yeah? Who said that's good? So how come they can't run Mac OS X, whereas Macs can run Mac, Windows, and Linux? Explain that one.

5. "PCs come with everything you need." Hmm...

Let's refute this with an example. Take the MacBook Pro, with its blisteringly fast Intel Core 2 Duo processor, glossy screen, SuperDrive, and iSight. Now try to find a cheaper PC notebook with the same processor speed. Hey, you can't! If you do, chances are it doesn't come with everything the MacBook Pro has. Alright, add equivalent hardware. Guess what? Your expenses just went through the roof! $650 more than the MacBook Pro, which is just plug-and-play anyway. My point is, you don't have to add gigantically expensive hardware to it.

This isn't an anti-Windows fanatical hatefest, despite any evidence to the contrary. I'm just trying to prove a point. Neither do I have it in for Linux, which is open-source . (I like the penguin too!) roostajoe likes open-source software, because chances are there's a version that's just right for you. And if there isn't, you can just make one yourself! Assuming you know Cocoa, Objective-C, Java, etc... But that's not my point. Cocoa is easy to learn. What's Windows software programmed in, anyway? Does Microsoft allow users to get it for free? Apple lets you use its Developer Tools at no charge. (Just something for you to think about...)

- From the Desktop of roostajoe

(sorry 'bout that cut-short post back there; hit the "Submit" button by accident)
  • Reply 85 of 112
    Which Mac OS are Windows-lovers talking about anyway? "More stability, less crashes..." That may be true if you're comparing it to OS 9, which as we all know crashed a lot . Sorta sad that Apple was forced to turn to FreeBSD/NeXTSTEP/OpenStep/Rhapsody after their botched Copland project, but hey! We like quality and user-friendliness, and we don't care where it comes from (provided the source is trustworthy). Windows doesn't offer either of those things, and they rarely turn to outside developers... (That, by the way, is a bad thing because there's no diversity.)

And what's with all this malware for Windows? Mac OS X has got gigantic virus protection and few security alerts because it doesn't have to tell you. It just quietly takes care of the problem, like the Mafia — but in a good way!

On the other hand, Windows Vista has got tons of security alerts and still allows some viruses to slip through. Hey Microsoft! Get your act together!

Just sayin'.
  • Reply 86 of 112
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    More beautiful software and hardware.
  • Reply 87 of 112
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Wow, who dug up the old thread from 2002?!?!?!

And, to be fair, I only noticed after reading someone rip on XP and not Vista.
  • Reply 88 of 112
    96. The MacBooks keep your lap warm on a cold day!
  • Reply 89 of 112
    97. Macs look cool! Apple's design DNA has really improved over the last decade... Remember the "fruit" iMacs? Looked snazzy (is that even a real word?) for their time, but whoa, that's outdated now. These days it's smooth white plastic and, more recently, highly polished titanium. You can see that in the new iMac and Mac Pro.

98. Macs are fast. For instance, in one of my earlier posts I said something about no PC notebook being as fast as a MacBook Pro. Hey, forget that discussion. Absolutely nothing is faster than the new 8-Core Mac Pro.

• Reply 90 of 112
    Thought question for PC users: If your computers are so @#%$ good, why do you have to upgrade them every, oh, 3 months? I've had my iBook G4 for one and a half years and it hasn't given me any trouble. And considering Apple dropped that line ages ago, that's pretty good.

(P.S. Not, of course, that there will ever be any PC users on a site called "AppleInsider". 'Cept for that idiot a couple pages ago who started a fanatical hatefest against Macs. Good thing someone finally got rid of whoever that was.)

• Reply 91 of 112
    It looks like this thread started in 2002, when I was still a PC person. The main Mac weakness back then was slowness, which was enough for most PC people to be PC people. Well, I own two iMacs now, one just for backup, and they are both faster than my PC, which incedently has not run right since upgrading to Vista, even though I re-installed it 6 times and then ran into license issues when the key stopped working.

- Mac hardware with special run Intel Core2Duos are now faster than PCs.

- Macs are more green than PCs (Recyclable).

- Macs are more efficient than PCs (iMacs take less watts to run, my electric bill dropped when I switched).

- Macs can run Windows faster than PCs, natively with Bootcamp.

- Macs are easy to fit anywhere, no big bulky box with wires.

- Macs are made of parts which all work together, no driver issues between components.

- Macs don't force you to use Vista, what a step backwards that was!
  • Reply 92 of 112
    You used to be a PC user? Not that I mind. The more people convert from PCs, the better. We're leaving the Business Age and entering the Artistic Age. Mac and Linux are the two best operating systems out there. Windows has been taking steps to improve itself, but it still has a long way to go.

P.S. Has anybody noticed how the "Reply to Thread" box looks like the Microsoft Word GUI? Not, of course, that I use Word (since I am, after all, a diehard Mac fan!).
  • Reply 93 of 112
    I didn't know Macs take less power to run! Yet another victory against PCs.

Hmm, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh. Nah...

P.S. Hah, this was a bit delayed. I should've put this post before #93...

P.P.S. Although nobody here likes Windows, it's still a good idea to learn its basic features — since the evil Gates Empire still has a stranglehold on the rest of the computing world. Linux is a good way of learning it, since they're similar in user interface but fundamentally different. I think everyone likes the Linux penguin (Tux), too.
  • Reply 94 of 112
    Hey, I just noticed that "rbald" idiot (you know, the one a couple pages ago) got banned! It even says so under his user name, in red letters! Sorry, I feel like I might be lingering in the past, but...

Seriously. Why would a loyal PC user be posting on a site called "AppleInsider"?? Would any person with a brain do that?

roostajoe is very mad.
  • Reply 95 of 112
    Apple focuses on putting the best in a simple design whereas PC companies focus on putting sub-par in a "cool" design.
  • Reply 96 of 112
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roostajoe View Post

Hey, I just noticed that "rbald" idiot (you know, the one a couple pages ago) got banned! It even says so under his user name, in red letters! Sorry, I feel like I might be lingering in the past, but...

Seriously. Why would a loyal PC user be posting on a site called "AppleInsider"?? Would any person with a brain do that?

roostajoe is very mad.

Why would roostajoe carry on a conversation (conversations, actually) from someone who hasn't posted in over five years (banned or not)? Every post has the date and time posted, at the top to the far left, on the same line as the post number. You somehow managed to dig up an old post from 2002 and have been carrying on "conversations" with a number of people who are probably all long gone.

• Reply 97 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Why would roostajoe carry on a conversation (conversations, actually) from someone who hasn't posted in over five years (banned or not)? Every post has the date and time posted, at the top to the far left, on the same line as the post number. You somehow managed to dig up an old post from 2002 and have been carrying on "conversations" with a number of people who are probably all long gone.

Yeah... Sorry about that. Why the **** was I even talking about something that happened six years ago? I must've been really tired. Either that or I was insane.
  • Reply 98 of 112
    Hmm... I seem to have killed the conversation.
  • Reply 99 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bioflavonoid View Post

OK, we all know that Macs are better than PCs. So lets list anything about everything about how Macs are better. |||||||||||List only things about how Macs are better||||||||||| Also, number the reasons...I'll get you started...

1: Mac OS X NEVER crashes!!!

Mac's they just work
  • Reply 100 of 112
    Macs are just plain good. Isn't that what this is about? Sure they cost more, but why would anyone settle for a PC with a Windows OS that needs a ton of upgrades when there's a thriving Mac market just sitting there in front of them?

Hey, if anyone here doesn't know why there's no version of Internet Explorer for Mac OS X, here's why: Apple started developing its own web browser. Yep, that's it. This gave Microsoft a kick in the teeth (it was, after all, used to supplying absolutely everyone with software). So, naturally, ol' Bill G. Corp stopped all Mac Explorer development. Was it jealous, annoyed, or just plain pissed? We'll never know. But here's something for everyone to think about: Microsoft doesn't share unless there's a significant profit in it.

You can get Apple's Xcode Developer Tools for free...