The Air's 80gb HDD true formatted size??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
so what is the actual size were gonna get out of the standard 80hdd on the air?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    About 75GB.

Then after Leopard installation, 60GB.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    In other words, same as any other 80GB drive.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    that's a bummer I love the laptop and I need a new one for school I just wish they made a bigger one :/
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

that's a bummer I love the laptop and I need a new one for school I just wish they made a bigger one :/

Get the MB although its not as 'COOL' as the MBA, but hey you cant do anything about it though.

Oh yeah what you mean by a bigger one? Screen size or thicker laptop with build in optical drive, 2 USB ports, firewire, non-integrated battery and non-soldered ram?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    bigger hard drive....

i had an MB and wanna get an MBA...its perfect for school just wanna fit all my music and work on there =/...currently have 20gb of music and less than a gb of papers and work as well as 5gb of pictures....shouldnt slow me down too much i wouldnt think?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

so what is the actual size were gonna get out of the standard 80hdd on the air?

About 2 gigs.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

Get the MB although its not as 'COOL' as the MBA, but hey you cant do anything about it though.

Oh yeah what you mean by a bigger one? Screen size or thicker laptop with build in optical drive, 2 USB ports, firewire, non-integrated battery and non-soldered ram?

Here we go all over again.