124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Maybe they meant 4m sold to suppliers.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    samabsamab Posts: 1,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wally View Post

Apple said they SOLD 4m iPhones. Why is everyone playing semantics here... Apple sold 4m iPhones. AT&T only activated 2m they say. So the other "missing" phones are from overseas sales or unlocks used in americas/europe/asia/australia.

If Apple said they sold 4m iPhones (up to mid January), and they only shipped that many and didn't actually sell them, then they could get into serious trouble.

Perhaps you should take that english lesson... and maybe a remedial math lesson while you're at it...

You should take some legal lessons --- the final word is in the SEC filings. And Apple's SEC filings are based on "shipping" numbers.

There is a reason that before every keynote speech, they put a bunch of legal sentences saying that everything is based on forward looking statements and you must read the SEC filings to get the real information.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I'm on 1.1.3 now. All is swell
  • Reply 64 of 65
    I live in Thailand and EVERYONE has an iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!! They are unlocked and working(not being used as iTouches) When you buy one it is already unlocked all you do is put you sim in it and go. So I'm sure this is the case in other parts of the world so yes its very possible that there are is this many missing. Oh and yes the phones are real not copies. Took one to an Apple Store in the US to check.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samab View Post

You should take some legal lessons --- the final word is in the SEC filings. And Apple's SEC filings are based on "shipping" numbers.

There is a reason that before every keynote speech, they put a bunch of legal sentences saying that everything is based on forward looking statements and you must read the SEC filings to get the real information.

I've said it in another thread...

If the phones are in a supplier's hands and there is no provision for return of unsold product, then legally, the phones are "sold". They could be sitting in an AT&T warehouse, but if AT&T can't send them back to Apple, then it's not Apple's concern, except that AT&T won't be buying any new ones soon...