imac 24" core 2 extreme issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This may not really be worthy of the genius bar, but I've noticed that my aluminum 24" imac, ordered with the 2.8 GHz processor tells me it's a 2.8 GHz core 2 duo processor when I see 'about this mac'. Is there any real reason for this? Is this just a mistake of some kind?

Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timmcdivitt View Post

This may not really be worthy of the genius bar, but I've noticed that my aluminum 24" imac, ordered with the 2.8 GHz processor tells me it's a 2.8 GHz core 2 duo processor when I see 'about this mac'. Is there any real reason for this? Is this just a mistake of some kind?

Any help will be appreciated.

What were you expecting?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

What were you expecting?

I think he wanted to see Core 2 Extreme. It's not a mistake, the tag that you see in the About This Mac box isn't always accurate and it might actually be called a Core 2 Duo. Click more info and go to the processor section and see what it says in there.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think he wanted to see Core 2 Extreme. It's not a mistake, the tag that you see in the About This Mac box isn't always accurate and it might actually be called a Core 2 Duo. Click more info and go to the processor section and see what it says in there.

I guess your right. Frankly I was puzzled by his question.

The 'extreme' moniker given by Intel is all marketing anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm sorry for the confusing question.

Yes, I was looking for Core 2 Extreme. I just assumed if I ordered a Core 2 Extreme and saw Core 2 Duo it could mean there was something wrong.