Patriots or Giants

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Lets step outside our world of computing and focus on today's big game. What are your thoughts on this Appleinsider nation?? Who will prevail today? Brady and the Patriots or Eli and the Giants?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    I think the giants will beat the spread, but it will be very difficult for them to win. The patriots were engineered by the NFL to combat falling ratings. The NFL is more set-up than is Italian soccer.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Patriots, as much as I want to see the Giants spoil the Patriots perfection.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Pats all the way.

I like their selflessness.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Biggest upset ever.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Could be, could be!! Can't think of a better one right now, maybe Cincy/S.F. Just wow.

So glad to see the Patriots lose!!

(that sound you hear is all the fair-weather fans running to the store to buy Giants gear)

• Reply 6 of 16
    ELI MANNING ALL THE WAY! SUPER BOWL 42 CHAMP!

PLAXICO IS AMAZING.

Sorry Tom, you had your chance.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Best Super Bowl ever? Could be, could be!! Can't think of a better one right now, maybe Cincy/S.F. Just wow.

So glad to see the Patriots lose!!

(that sound you hear is all the fair-weather fans running to the store to buy Giants gear)

If that's the best ever, you have pretty low standards. The fourth quarter was worth watching, but the rest of the game was a snoozer.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

If that's the best ever, you have pretty low standards. The fourth quarter was worth watching, but the rest of the game was a snoozer.

It was pretty good. The NFC and especially the NFC East don't typically let a lot of points get on the board. So what? It was an exciting defensive battle. Anyway, I'm glad that my prediction came true. I figured that it would be a matter of one TD.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Mhm, sure!

• Reply 10 of 16
    What? The Giants beat the spread... I have that written down earlier in the thread.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    The Giants won! Take that Patriots!
  • Reply 12 of 16
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

I'd much rather see a highly competitive, close game that ends up with a FG margin, than a 52-7 type blowout.

Now, THAT'S a snoozer!

The Patriots and Giants were evenly matched, it all hinged on who wanted it more and executed better.

This entire game came down to one play, when Manning got away from the rush and threw that ~30 yard prayer for a big gain.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I saw the game was fantastic. Great defense on both sides. A low-scoring game can be frustrating to watch when it's a result of offensive incompotence. This was not one of those games.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    it was a great game! Eli did well!!!
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Am I the only one who noticed the pickup artist signature?

The "Art of Picking Up" and AppleInsider just don't go together. You're fooling yourself, bud...
  • Reply 16 of 16
    All I hear now is that the game was rigged and the Giants cheated I think thats true the Patroits are good and could have beaten the Giants