16Gb iPhone to launch today?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
From Engadget.com Tuesaday 5th Feb

Update: We just received word from multiple sources that the O2 staff has been notified of the 16GB iPhone launch at 1:30pm UK time. Price: £329. That will likely translate to $599 in the US like the original 8GB iPhone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    I doubt Steve would do this on Super Tuesday, at least in the States. Politics are too important to him.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I'm pretty sceptical, but another site has a specs page up

http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellu...eiphone3g16gb/

the sister camera site letsgodigital is normally pretty reliable, but launching a model with 16Gb AND 3G with no big press event???

Lets see what, if anything, happens at 1.30 today - only 2 hours to go.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    No way. A 3G 16GB iPhone would be huge! There are so many Americans that didn't buy the first iPhone because they were waiting for 3G. Same with Europe. If Apple launches a new 3G iPhone it will be a killer press event with a little 40 minute stevenote attached.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thestickman View Post

I'm pretty sceptical, but another site has a specs page up

http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellu...eiphone3g16gb/

the sister camera site letsgodigital is normally pretty reliable, but launching a model with 16Gb AND 3G with no big press event???

Lets see what, if anything, happens at 1.30 today - only 2 hours to go.

Note the following:

Polyphonic Ringtones - YES

Recording Video - YES

MMS - YES

T9 input - YES

Java - YES

I think these specs are fake.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

No way. A 3G 16GB iPhone would be huge! There are so many Americans that didn't buy the first iPhone because they were waiting for 3G. Same with Europe. If Apple launches a new 3G iPhone it will be a killer press event with a little 40 minute stevenote attached.

Not just Americans, but also Europeans, Ossies, Kiwis, and pretty much anyone else with access to a 3G network.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Store is being updated though....

Just saw Japan is down, too... this may not be (just) iPhone...

Canada down... France up... Italy up... Sweden: looks like Europe is up. Just a North America and Japan announcement?

Japan is back up but I don't see anything new... they updated it again later...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/05/o...one-available/

Store not back yet so no idea if 3G or not but hey!
  • Reply 8 of 17
    iPod TOuch goes to 32 GB!!
  • Reply 9 of 17
    iPhone now 16GB
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Thats just mean! Finally bring the Iphone up tot he Touch level then extend it again!

No 3G etc. Just a memory bump.

Just got to wait to see what the asking price in the UK store will be... and if we get it today too!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    US store is back up - there it is. No sign of it on the UK store yet though...
  • Reply 12 of 17
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I have to say, I'm very surprised. I didn't think they would bump the storage until they could go with $299 for the 8 GB and $399 for the 16 GB.

Score one for Ireland.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post

Not just Americans, but also Europeans, Ossies, Kiwis, and pretty much anyone else with access to a 3G network.

Obviously didn't read my post through.

Anyway, being that it's not 3G that's the reason there is no real hoopla about it. It's just the same iPhone with more memory. Whoop De Do.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thestickman View Post

Thats just mean! Finally bring the Iphone up tot he Touch level then extend it again!

No 3G etc. Just a memory bump.

Just got to wait to see what the asking price in the UK store will be... and if we get it today too!

UK price confirmed as £329
  • Reply 15 of 17
    I agree with others 16G but the same phone and none of the many add's that would justify a new purchase. I am staying with my 8G and still waiting for something to make me go for a new iPhone.... Long way to go folks.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Obviously didn't read my post through.

Anyway, being that it's not 3G that's the reason there is no real hoopla about it. It's just the same iPhone with more memory. Whoop De Do.

Yeah sorry, currently suffering from chronic foot-in-mouth disease.

As for the hardware refresh, I guess that means we (those in nations without official iPhone carriers) must come to the sad realisation that we will have to wait even longer for a 3G iPhone. Dammit Steve