Apple releases iPhoto, ProKit, Braille Display, and iWeb updates

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday issued a handful of small software updates, including iPhoto 7.1.2, ProKit 4.5, and Braille Display Update 1.0. Late last week the company also released iWeb 2.0.3.

Details of each of the updates are as follows:

iPhoto 7.1.2

iPhoto 7.1.2 [14.2MB] addresses issues when publishing photos to a .Mac Web Gallery, improves overall stability, and fixes a number of other minor issues.

More specifically, Apple said the patch rectifies an issue where a format string vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to cause arbitrary code execution. iPhoto 7.1.2 addresses the issue through improved handling of format strings when processing photocast subscriptions.

ProKit 4.5

ProKit 4.5 [22.4MB] improves reliability for Apple's professional applications and is recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express, Aperture, Logic Studio and Logic Express.

Braille Display Update 1.0

Braille Display Update 1.0 [448K]: Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard includes a powerful screen reading technology for the blind called VoiceOver that supports a variety of refreshable Braille displays. When you have a supported Braille display connected to your computer, VoiceOver automatically detects it and sends it information about what is displayed on the screen. This installer adds support in Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard for the following additional refreshable Braille displays:

GW Micro BrailleSenseGW Micro SyncBraille 20GW Micro SyncBraille 32HandyTech Easy BrailleHandyTech Braille Star 40HandyTech Braille Star 80HIMS BrailleSenseHIMS SyncBraille 20HIMS SyncBraille 32Nippon Telesoft Seika Version 3Papenmeier Braillex Trio

iWeb 2.0.3

iWeb 2.0.3 [17.2MB] addresses compatibility with Mac OS X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    where is 10.5.2 !?!?!?!??!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Screw 10.5.2...where's Logic 8.0.2?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Screw 10.5.2...where's Logic 8.0.2?

Minderbinder, isn't Logic 8.0.2 part of this update? If not, what is updated with Logic?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

rio

iWeb 2.0.3

iWeb 2.0.3 [17.2MB] addresses compatibility with Mac OS X.

iWeb 2.0.3 was already released last week, I installed last Wednesday.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

addresses compatibility with Mac OS X

Rich that
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I have Final Cut Express HD 3.5 installed. However, nothing appeared in Software Update. Tried the download. Said "not needed". This update must be for the latest version of FCE.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Weird, but I tried "Software Update" and it mentions that all my software is up-to-date. I have iPhoto 7.1.1.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2stepbay View Post

I have Final Cut Express HD 3.5 installed. However, nothing appeared in Software Update. Tried the download. Said "not needed". This update must be for the latest version of FCE.

I have 3.0 and it showed up
  • Reply 9 of 10
    In protest of not having 10.5.2 today I will use Windows 95 exclusively until it is released...NOT!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Minderbinder, isn't Logic 8.0.2 part of this update? If not, what is updated with Logic?

Nope. This is just an update to one library that Logic uses.

Hopefully Logic 8.0.2 is being worked on, it's badly needed.