Mail problems...again.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seems that selecting (checking off) the coice of leaving copies of mail on the server isn't working in Mail...

I check my mail at work using my ISP's webmail on their site and all the mail I downloaded (100 messages) was still up there...

I have a very simple, straightforard email account at home, nothing fancy (POP and SMTP) and with that Mail feature of removing messages from server ain't working...any thoughts? Is their a site where it runs through these features?

I have a serious case of spam abuse right now too. So I might even have to get a new email address in the long run. The Junk filter works fine...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    C'mon guys...I count on you...

If anyone's got the same set up and figured out the issue, let me know. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>C'mon guys...I count on you...

If anyone's got the same set up and figured out the issue, let me know. Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm having a similar problem.... my keychain doesnt wanna remember my passwords anymore.....
  • Reply 3 of 4
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    I had a similar problem. the way I fixed it was to goto mail preferances select the account then click edit then click the advanced tab. Under the 'Remove copy from server after retrieving a message:' check box you can choose how soon to remove it. I had to set it to 'Right Away' or I would get multiple copies of messages. There is also a button there that says 'Remove Now' you might wanna clcik that and see if it works, if it doesn't then something is definately funky.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    :confused: Really? Weird. I'll have to check it out when I get home...thanks!