Safari crashing on AppleInsider

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have 10.5.1, Safari 3.0.4 on my iMac (last gen white) and it crashes almost every time I visit AppleInsider web site. Safari is very stable on other sites that I visit frequently. It seems more stable on my home MBP running 10.4.11, Safari 3.0.4. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    AppleInsider is my worst performing site in Safari (10.4.11. Safari 3.0.4). I am always incorrect server response error messages when ever I am surfing the site. Especially when I click the 'Go to first new post' button. And I have also been getting the dreaded 'The server is busy, try again latter' message way to offten.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NoMan View Post

I have 10.5.1, Safari 3.0.4 on my iMac (last gen white) and it crashes almost every time I visit AppleInsider web site. Safari is very stable on other sites that I visit frequently. It seems more stable on my home MBP running 10.4.11, Safari 3.0.4. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I visit AppleInsider every day... Safari is yet to crash.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

I visit AppleInsider every day... Safari is yet to crash.

Yea, I'm not having the problem either.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I am. I think it only happens to those using G5's or G4's.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I'm using a G5 and occasionally a G3. Works fine for me.

I'm in the UK though so I probably get different adverts to other people. I suspect the problem might be a Flash advert.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

I'm using a G5 and occasionally a G3. Works fine for me.

I'm in the UK though so I probably get different adverts to other people. I suspect the problem might be a Flash advert.

Yes, crashed again, the culprit seems to be some Flash ad. And FYI, I'm on an Intel iMac and in SF area.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000f164500a

Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f796f06 memcopy_mmx + 532286

1 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f794ecc memcopy_mmx + 524036

2 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f54a4b0 0xf2fa000 + 2426032

3 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f6b1cc0 Flash_EnforceLocalSecurity + 63128

4 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f6aa49e Flash_EnforceLocalSecurity + 32374

5 ...romedia.Flash Player.plugin\t0x0f6a2669 Flash_EnforceLocalSecurity + 65