iMac upgrade any soon?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In 10 days I will travel out of home for 6 weeks. I am really hot for buying an iMac, and I got the money now. I'm wondering what do you guy think, if apple will release an upgrade before the 1st of april, and I should wait for then to buy my new toy (specially if the make an upgrade that definitely solves the "freezing" problem).

On the other hand, this 10 day can become a hell without my new iMac...

cheers,

RAGS

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RAGS View Post

In 10 days I will travel out of home for 6 weeks. I am really hot for buying an iMac, and I got the money now. I'm wondering what do you guy think, if apple will release an upgrade before the 1st of april, and I should wait for then to buy my new toy (specially if the make an upgrade that definitely solves the "freezing" problem).

On the other hand, this 10 day can become a hell without my new iMac...

cheers,

RAGS

Not sure if I understand well. Could not you buy the iMac after the 6 weeks travel? The last iMac update was in August 2007 and Apple could update it anytime between now and summer. But I think the MBP update comes first. So my personal feeling is no iMac update before the end of April.

If I was in need for a new iMac, I would buy now. Whatever comes in the next update, is not going to be dramatically different from what is available right now. Next year will be another story however.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ragsrags Posts: 8member
    Thanks for your advice. And how about the "freezing" issue on iMacs? I understand they are solved already?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Thanks for your advice. And how about the "freezing" issue on iMacs? I understand they are solved already?

Yes, Apple released a firmware update that apparently corrects the issue.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ragsrags Posts: 8member
    cool, thanks.. I'm writing this post on my new iMac

(and no freezing so far!) …knocking on wood…
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

cool, thanks.. I'm writing this post on my new iMac

(and no freezing so far!) ?knocking on wood?

Congratulations, enjoy your new iMac. This was really fast.