Help: Convert ms wav music to apple ituns wav

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there

I have a huge problem and i really hope one of you can help me.

I have a huge collection of wav music on my Windows Vista PC, i have ripped all my cds in ms media player 11 in wav format.

Now i have bought a imac and want to move all my music to iTunes/Os tiger ( via a usb harddrive ) when i try iTunes cat see any tags, so i cant see the name of album, artist aso.

I just wonder how difficult could it bee?

on my usb music disk there are folders Whit artist name/ album name/ track name - why cant iTunes not see this? and just add the same info?

Maybe one of you have the answer or know a script?

sincerely

Michael

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    WAV does not support tags, sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    as i write there is a foldername Whit artist name/ album name/ track name, so why does itunes just not look/copy that ?

when i ripped the Cd's into my media player, it automatically look up the info for the CD.

so there must bee something to "look into" ?

I still cant understand it
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maphoto View Post

as i write there is a foldername Whit artist name/ album name/ track name, so why does itunes just not look/copy that ?

when i ripped the Cd's into my media player, it automatically look up the info for the CD.

so there must bee something to "look into" ?

I still cant understand it

The way iTunes figures out the information is through ID3 tags embedded in each file. This means that you wont lose that information simply by moving a file.

However, this doesn't really help you out much. What you may want to look for is a way to convert the WAV files to the Apple Lossless codec. This way, you wont lose the sound quality, but can tag the songs in iTunes.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    You could use WMP to convert them to WMA Lossless (which should embed the tag info), and then figure out some way to convert that to Apple Lossless.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

You could use WMP to convert them to WMA Lossless (which should embed the tag info), and then figure out some way to convert that to Apple Lossless.

Can't you just use iTunes on the PC to convert directly from WAV to Apple Lossless?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Can't you just use iTunes on the PC to convert directly from WAV to Apple Lossless?

Yes, but iTunes wouldn't know anything about the tag info; WMP would.