Apple Sony merger?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Interesting article. Thought I would share it since it doesn't look like its been posted yet.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aBUsWjRX0foE

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Sony's heavily invested in tech that Apple doesn't need (Columbia Pictures, CMOS processors for cameras, Optical techology) Plus the hegemony at Sony still have issues with copyright and oppresive DRM.

Sony isn't cool because they've allowed themselves to become stiff curmudgeons and until they get rid of their corporate cancer Apple should steer well clear of them. Howard Stringer can put lipstick on a pig and hope no one notices.

The PS3 should have been the Wii..instead it became an "ok" console that plays HD movies....yawn.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    the article seems to be pure speculation, but i believe that some advantages could arrive from a merge, for example, cheap blu-ray drives in macs
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Ain't gonna ever happen. Ever.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

the article seems to be pure speculation, but i believe that some advantages could arrive from a merge, for example, cheap blu-ray drives in macs

It is speculation. It's an opinion article. But sure points out some cool ideas.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Heh. Not happening in the next few years. Asian culture clash as well.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Heh. Not happening in the next few years. Asian culture clash as well.

Sony is useless...except for their content as a movie/music studio.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdotdubz View Post

Sony is useless...except for their content as a movie/music studio.

Well, that and the fact that they bought the once most innovative camera manufacturer...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Not going to happen here are some reasons

First, Sony is worth a lot and Apple may not have enough to buy it

Second, What is going to happen to the Walkman will it become a new iPod product?

Third, Sont has a TON of subsidaries and Apple may not have enough to handle all of them