MBP 128 MB Video Memeory

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a MBP with 128 MB of Video Memory. I run both OSX and Win Vista Utimate. I want to get an external monitor but I'm not sure if it will drive the Apple Cinema 23" HD display, BENQ or Dell widescreen displays. I don't run games on this system but I do photo editing and view video like TV shows, UTUBE etc. I would rather get a BENQ or a Dell monitor becuse of the cost. Any recommendations on which monitor I should get or is the video memory upgradable? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    The MBP can drive a 30'"ACD.

A 23" monitor should be no problem. Personally I wouldn't get an Apple display as they are overpriced IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Thanks. I'm going to purchase a BENQ 24" monitor then as I can't find any bad eviews on this monitor other than the height isn't adjustable.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

The MBP can drive a 30'"ACD.

A 23" monitor should be no problem. Personally I wouldn't get an Apple display as they are overpriced IMO.

And 4 years old.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I suckered myself into getting a 20" DELL, they were using the same LCD panels at the time. I can run XP Pro in Fusion & Paraells with fullscreen XP on the 20", OS X on the MBP screen. works great. The only thing I would ay is make sure the native resolution is equal or better than 1900 x 1600 otherwise you will hate the text quality.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

The only thing I would ay is make sure the native resolution is equal or better than 1900 x 1600 otherwise you will hate the text quality.

What does this mean? Doesn't make much sense to me. Never seen a 1900x1600 monitor.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I have the BENQ monitor now and it doesn't have a 1900X1600 resolution but it does have a 1920X1200 resolution and the text seems fine to me. Thanks.