USB Modem card

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am thinking of getting a USB Modem card for my laptop ---thinking of Verizon's EVDO---

or Sprint---anybody with any suggestions---I hate to spend the money, as I don't travel that much, but it seems to be getting more and more difficult to find a free wifi site in places like NYC

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    most of these devices use the same or similar hardware inside, they are just rebranded or casing is slightly different depending on carrier. As a business, I hear less bad about Verizon. Sprint seems to have horrible customer service, my wife got rid of them (cellphone) because of this (before we got married, so about 2-3 years ago she switched). Look at the screenshot on the 2nd post, 1st page and flip thru the rest of the pg to see other reactions: http://www.evdoforums.com/thread6924.html

Rule of thumb: it seems when Apple adds a chipset driver, it usually works no matter the carrier, I think.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ytvytv Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

Rule of thumb: it seems when Apple adds a chipset driver, it usually works no matter the carrier, I think.

Every carrier needs their own chipset. I personally would highly recommend Sprint over Verizon. Their prices are much much better.