What can we expect at the Apple February Event???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The buzz says... that an event is on the horizon for a late february date!?

I belive we will be introduced to a totally new product at this rumored Event!

It´s a product that didn´t make it to Macworld 2008.

It seemed like Jobs had difficulties filling out the entire keynote. I think it was rushed into and hurriedly changed just days or hours before the event.

Yep! Just speculation... but I hope they now have a revised and better bombox (Read: Ipod HI FI) that actually can replace your current music stereo system.

If they wanna go all the way (Which i think they should), we would hopefully see the long awaited fully blown... (...Is it a stereo?... Is it a tv? ...is it a game console? ...or is it the new p2p video conference center on your new Cinema Display?) ...MediaCenter?

Oohhh! I would be so freakiiiin`happy!!!

What say you...?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macfabulous View Post

The buzz says... an event is the horizon in late february!?

I belive we will be introduced to a totally new product at this rumored Event!

It´s a product that didn´t make it to Macworld 2008.

It seemed like Jobs had difficulties filling out the entire keynote. I think it was rushed into and hurriedly changed just days or hours before the event.

Yep! Just speculation... but I hope they now have a revised and better bombox (Read: Ipod HI FI) that actually can replace your current music stereo system.

If they wanna go all the way (Which i think they should), we would hopefully see the long awaited fully blown... (...Is it a stereo?... Is it a tv? ...is it a game console? ...or is it the new p2p video conference center on your new Cinema Display?) ...MediaCenter?

Oohhh! I would be so freakiiiin`happy!!!

If not!...

Then it´s gotta be new Cinema Displays - Which contains some kind of web TV-capability with a Safari web browser in its stomach. Yep! Then you can surf the internet from your couch with your new and improved Apple Remote while you discuss todays football results with your friend over iChat. And of cause you navigate the internet with the remote... :-)

I would be pleased... if it was just so...!

Ps: Cinema Displays are so overdue!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Neither, the event will be all about the iPhone SDK with a possible mention of recent releases of Time Capsule and AppleTV Take 2. There is also a slim chance that Apple could announce that they have started the FCC approval cycle for the 3G iPhone.

Apple has announced that the SDK will be released this month and they will need a platform to inform the developers what has been provided, what is not provided and their rationales for any restrictions. I can easily see this becoming a half hour video presentation posted on the web.

Some questions that Apple needs to answer are:

1. Will the SDK be open to all comers, or to a select few?

2. What hardware features will be available to the developers? Will certain pieces of the iPhone be off limits?

3. Can developers extend the hardware features of the iPhone? (i.e. add an external GPS module)

4. Will the developed applications need to be vetted by Apple or ATT?

5. If they need to be vetted, how will this be done?

6. What is the distribution/installation model? Will this be done by iTunes or by the developer?

7. If the installation is done by iTunes, will it be through the iTMS or by dropping the app into iTunes? (Think podcasts, where you can enter the URL directly into iTunes without going through iTMS.)

8. If distribution is done by the iTMS will Apple charge for the privilege?

9. If distributed by the iTMS, who sets the prices? Can the apps be given away free or will charges be applied?

10. Will the apps need to be signed before they can be installed?

11. If so, who holds the keys? How do you get the keys? And what will it cost to get the keys?

12. If the applications need to be signed, will the apps be signed at the developer level or the application level? (i.e. Each application is signed by its developer verifying that it is in fact from that developer and is unmodified. Or each application is signed individually verifying the developers identification, that the application is unmodified and that it is vetted by the vetting agency.

Well, these are a few of the questions that will need to be answered.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    iPhone SDK, and new 3G iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    new 3G iPhone and a display, please...
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

new 3G iPhone and a display, please...

They need a 3G iPhone if they want their iPhone to be big in UK. I read over a blog where a user say iPhone sales is not as good as in the US due to it doesnt have 3G.

And the new SE (something) using WMobile OS has 3G and other neat stuffs that will really make people choose between the iPhone and SE. Besides, without 3G using iPhone online features will be slow.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iDildo
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I can't see the 3G iPhone coming when they just bumped the capacity to 16GB.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I do not think apple will update ACD. Apple only keep updating the popular stuffs, such as MBP, MB and Iphone. You can go to local apple authorized reseller to see if ACD is popular. They normally only have one or two ACDs in stock, because not many people want to buy it.

BTW, I got a 20" ACD last monday, so I would be sad to see an update this month.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    That's it??? A damn update to Aperature?!?!
  • Reply 10 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    You guys do know that the only thing actually scheduled for Feb is the iPhone SDK right?

It seem a little wacky to schedule a February event for the SDK, and overshadow the SDK announcement with anything unrelated to the SDK. If there is going to be anything at this event other than the iPhone SDK it would definitely be a 3G iPhone which would be pure speculation. As for facts the only thing we know that's coming is the SDK.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    hmm what about the MBP update! Lots of folk on the macrumors forum are thinking that this illusive update may be announced then too! I bloody hope so!