Apple launches Corporate Gifting and Rewards Program

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A new volume order program launched as part of Apple's online store seeks to make it easier for business and other organizations to place bulk orders for custom engraved iPods, iTunes gift cards, and accessories.

Through the new Apple Corporate Gifting and Rewards Program, companies placing orders for 50 or more iPods -- either for gifts, employee bonus incentives, or other means -- can engrave those players with a message or their company logo.

Bulk orders of 50 or more units can consist of any mixture of iPod models, Apple said, though logo engraving is only available on the iPod, iPod touch and iPod nano.

Logo engraving requires an undisclosed "one-time setup fee" and text message engraving is free of charge. Companies placing orders for 250 iPods or more can also choose to pre-load those players with specific content for an extra $10 per unit.

To place an order, companies can call 1-877-275-IPOD or submit their contact information and a wait a call back.

Messages engraved on iPod nano are limited to 2 lines, 29 characters each; on iPod classic, 2 lines, 29 characters each; on iPod touch, 2 lines, 29 characters each; and on iPod shuffle, 1 line, 38 characters.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Surely THIS isn't why AAPL is jumping today... ?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Apple needs to do something like this for the iPhone. Currently, bulk ordering of the iPhone is not allowed. If Apple ever wants to have a major presence in the corporate world, and give RIM a run for their money, they need to change this policy.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Apple's up a little because they are grossly undervalued.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Know what i'd like to see Apple launch... computers that don't suck.

I have 4 computers in the house now and all of them are f@$%ed in one way or another. Hardware or firmware issue's.

I remember the day when Apple computers lasted longer then their warranty. Now you can't even ride out the year.

Their quality has gone to complete shit.

I wish they would pull their head out of their ass's with all this tv, ipod, iphone, itunes bullshit and start making computers that work again.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Screw the chachkas... let me attach an iPhone to my corporate AT&T phone number.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

I have 4 computers in the house now and all of them are f@$%ed in one way or another. Hardware or firmware issue's.

I remember the day when Apple computers lasted longer then their warranty. Now you can't even ride out the year.

I wish they would pull their head out of their ass's with all this tv, ipod, iphone, itunes bullshit and start making computers that work again.

Tell us how you really feel.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A new volume order program launched as part of Apple's online store seeks to make it easier for business and other organizations to place bulk orders for custom engraved iPods, iTunes gift cards, and accessories.

Through the new Apple Corporate Gifting and Rewards Program, companies placing orders for 50 or more iPods -- either for gifts, employee bonus incentives, or other means -- can engrave those players with a message or their company logo.

Bulk orders of 50 or more units can consist of any mixture of iPod models, Apple said, though logo engraving is only available on the iPod, iPod touch and iPod nano.

Logo engraving requires an undisclosed "one-time setup fee" and text message engraving is free of charge. Companies placing orders for 250 iPods or more can also choose to pre-load those players with specific content for an extra $10 per unit.

To place an order, companies can call 1-877-275-IPOD or submit their contact information and a wait a call back.

Messages engraved on iPod nano are limited to 2 lines, 29 characters each; on iPod classic, 2 lines, 29 characters each; on iPod touch, 2 lines, 29 characters each; and on iPod shuffle, 1 line, 38 characters.

this has been going on for years, this is nothing new.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    My company has been using this service for at least 3 months, and I saw this page on Apple's site quite awhile ago.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    Sure, they've redesigned the page, but how's it any different from what was on Apple's site in 2004:

http://web.archive.org/web/200411031.../ipod/imaging/

or perhaps 2006:

http://web.archive.org/web/200602110.../ipod/imaging/

?
  • Reply 10 of 19
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple's up a little because they are grossly undervalued.

Apple's stock is up today because it's basically tracking the market. A bit better on a percentage basis because AAPL regularly does that, both upwards and downwards.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL,QQQQ&d=s
  • Reply 11 of 19
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Apple's stock is up today because it's basically tracking the market. A bit better on a percentage basis because AAPL regularly does that, both upwards and downwards.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL,QQQQ&d=s

It's been semi-stable at $130 for a while now, plus or minus a little bit.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

Wow ? a unhappy Apple camper???

I have many more then 4 Mac's on-site trouble free.

G3 - 5 of these

G4 - 2 of these

8600 - 2 of these

Powerbook's - 4 of these

Intel Mac - 2 of these

iMac (old school) 3 or these

iMac monitor on post - 1 of these

iMac New style - 2 of these

ALL running trouble free, and have since they got purchased (so the time table varies)

Sorry to hear about your problems

Skip
  • Reply 13 of 19
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    I'm having bad luck it seems. My G3's lasted forever, are still going.

My G5 is bitched, iMac screwed, Laptop nerfed, iPod gibbled.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Maybe I should start donating for shareware, turn my karma around.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ion497 View Post

My company has been using this service for at least 3 months, and I saw this page on Apple's site quite awhile ago.

Shame on you AI for reporting this. This is old news.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    When others mentioned the program, I thought I would look at my old emails that discussed a program much like this, if it's not the exact same program. I found several. These emails are dated June 15 2006, Oct 8 2006, Feb 1, 2007, June 7, 2007 and August 15, 2007. If you get emails from Apple, I suggest you check for emails from Apple sent on those dates.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Wow that has to be the first time Apple's ever hinted that they appreciate doing business with people.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    This is awesome, I'm going to try and place an order tomorrow for 500 ipod touches and send pre-loaded iPods to soldiers in Iraq
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webmail View Post

This is awesome, I'm going to try and place an order tomorrow for 500 ipod touches and send pre-loaded iPods to soldiers in Iraq

Make sure you include "Yes we can" in the playlist.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Who says Apple doesn't support corporations and enterprises?