My friend was in the hospitial

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So on Thursday my friend, Jasmine was saying my heart hurs and I thought it was heart burn then my other friends Lindsay and Adriana took her to the nurse and then she went to UMC Quick care then she had to go to the Hospitial We did not find out until the next day we found out the she almost died and we found out what was wrong her heart was beating was too fast

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    Thank goodness your friend is alright now though, right? \
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookAir77 View Post

So on Thursday my friend, Jasmine was saying my heart hurs and I thought it was heart burn then my other friends Lindsay and Adriana took her to the nurse and then she went to UMC Quick care then she had to go to the Hospitial We did not find out until the next day we found out the she almost died and we found out what was wrong her heart was beating was too fast

Tachycardia's no fun.

I was in the hospital for the same thing, due to a rare reaction to a prescription drug. My heart rate was hovering around 170 for hours.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Nova- View Post

Thank goodness your friend is alright now though, right? \

She's alright I went to her house today and she said it still hurts but not as much as when she went to the hospitial and I got her a get well present an iPod Shuffle anyways she cant laugh because it hurts her heart
  • Reply 4 of 24
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I wonder if she has lactic acid build up in her heart? Is that even possible?
  • Reply 5 of 24
    sure it's a muscle, but that isn't the cause.

regardless, why are we accepting MacBookAir77's inability to write grammatically correct sentences?
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Because midwinter hasn't read this yet...
  • Reply 7 of 24
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    He's 13.

Still doesn't quite write for his age level.

• Reply 8 of 24
    Well, in his defense, English isn't even his native language.

I'm sure I probably write in Spanish like a 13 year old boy...

(That doesn't sound right.)
  • Reply 9 of 24
    I'm sorry your friend was in the hospital.

That sucks.

Take your friend somewhere by the sea. That's what I advise.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

I don't think so. Two things in the body are guaranteed oxygenated blood. The brain and the heart. I'll posit that the heart cannot suffer lactic acid build up. I would say that the heart can "bonk" but not build up lactic acid.

Quote:

regardless, why are we accepting MacBookAir77's inability to write grammatically correct sentences?

Because who cares?
  • Reply 11 of 24
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

Tachycardia's no fun.

Quote:

We did not find out until the next day we found out the she almost died and we found out what was wrong her heart was beating was too fast

I hope your friend is doing better, and it was just a temporary condition. VT is nothing to fool around with, I had some fainting episodes back in 2005, and after diagnosis ended up having an ICD implanted and an ablation treatment. The ICD has saved my life 5 times since then. Hopefully your friend's condition won't warrant that extreme of a treatment.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I don't think so. Two things in the body are guaranteed oxygenated blood. The brain and the heart. I'll posit that the heart cannot suffer lactic acid build up. I would say that the heart can "bonk" but not build up lactic acid.

? Can't or won't?

There is nothing special about the heart's metabolism that prevents it from producing lactic acid.

Quote:

Because who cares?

Because, like, language matters. If we accept poor expression from the next generation of speakers, and they accept poor expression, etc, the language will eventually lose all expressive meaning.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    You mean like that movie Idiocracy?
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Well, in his defense, English isn't even his native language.

I'm sure I probably write in Spanish like a 13 year old boy...

(That doesn't sound right.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

I'm sorry your friend was in the hospital.

That sucks.

Take your friend somewhere by the sea. That's what I advise.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

He's 13.

Still doesn't quite write for his age level.

Quote:

Well I type really fast sometimes skip the keys and my parents are from Mexico and this thread is about my friend being in the hosipital not my grammar
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Sorry to hear about this. My dad had some bouts of heart palpitations for a few years back when he was in his like early 50s or something. He is 68 now, doing fine. That was just for a few years in like the early 90s.

He is a Pediatrician, and has some Cardiologist friends. They all couldn't figure out what was happening, despite many tests.

If anything, makes you look at life in a different light, etc. Time for some meditation and prayer.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

...regardless, why are we accepting MacBookAir77's inability to write grammatically correct sentences?

Because she sounds like she is actually a female which makes her the first on these forums.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Well I type really fast sometimes skip the keys and my parents are from Mexico and this thread is about my friend being in the hosipital not my grammar

Don't take them too seriously. As mostly guys on these here forums, being emotionally supportive is very difficult for some of us.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Because she sounds like she is actually a female which makes her the first on these forums.

No it doesn't. And there have been others long before me. Gone sadly. But not forgotten by many.

Anyway, give her or him the benefit of the doubt for now.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    I think you are confused nvidia...
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Atta baby! Someone's ready for PoliticalOutsider...