Will we have anything tomorrow?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Every Tuesday for some weeks now we have something new, right? (mac book air, pink nano, Mac Pro if i'm not mistaken, Aperture 2)... Any prediction for tomorrow?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    I think if there is going to be a major update to the MBP, Apple will make a formal announcement on February 26, along with other goodies (iPhone SDK, etc). I will check apple's website tomorrow, just in case. ;-)
  • Reply 2 of 21
    (edited out mad ranting)
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Apple store down since about 1 hour ago
  • Reply 4 of 21
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    German store still up and running. Last week, someone suggested that this is usually a sign for a new software release. He was right then (Aperture 2.0 released) but I really hope he will be proven wrong today!
  • Reply 5 of 21
    Swedish store still up, too. Really hope it's not just some software update.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    What software rumblings have been rumored about?

Could be:

Mac mini refresh

Cinema Display refresh

New Shuffles

Next week:

MacBook Pro refresh

MacBook refresh
  • Reply 7 of 21
    The only thing I see - iPod shuffle: new price
  • Reply 8 of 21
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I do feel bad for all of you that are waiting, but I have to admit to just laughing out loud here in my cube at work when I saw it was down for the iPod shuffle.

The torture!

I'm not normally one to laugh at the misfortune of others, but it's just too dang funny not to.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Yep it is 2GB iPod shuffle for $69... Ok so I may ask what will we have in a week next Tuesday? Can be a keynote right?

By the way I think I know why apple store is down just to update new price, it isn't that hard to make an online store that would update in a blink of an eye, as a designer (we have lots of web sites in portfolio) I can say it for sure, but imagine how much attention it gets if you see a whole store down for a quite a time (enough for people to notice and email some Engadget guys with the hint), such a nice pr…
  • Reply 10 of 21
    This may be a naive question, but....why doesn't Apple just come out and say what we can expect from the new MBP? Everyone knows a refresh is eminent. If its not going to be a huge revamp of the thing, people would go out and buy one now. I know I would. But keeping us in the dark like this is well....just cruel.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    strangers in the dark... no mac book pros... strangers in the dark... we have not a clue... strangers in the dark... your guess is as good as mine.....
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Ok it is said that SDK will be late, so February 26th will be about... what?
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by takemura View Post

Ok it is said that SDK will be late, so February 26th will be about... what?

There will be No February 26th! You know what I mean
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Online store is down....
  • Reply 15 of 21
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by takemura View Post

Online store is down....

It seems like new portables are coming. I would be surprised though if Apple updated simultaneously the MB and the MBP as it is suggested.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    The anticipation is killing me, the store is taking longer than usual.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    LOL... all the daydreaming phantasies of new, more sexily-clad MBPs out the window.

Only 2.5 GHz CPU, same GPU, no new keyboard, no new case.

Pretty weak upgrade IMHO; I just saved a lot of $.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby View Post

LOL... all the daydreaming phantasies of new, more sexily-clad MBPs out the window.

Only 2.5 GHz CPU, same GPU, no new keyboard, no new case.

Pretty weak upgrade IMHO; I just saved a lot of $.

However, the MB update was a decent one with the exception of the entry model that still has a combo drive! There was a slight price drop too in Europe.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    AM I wrong or we didn't get anything today?
  • Reply 20 of 21
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    "What's coming Tues" posts should be banned from future hardware. It's just like "Apple store is Down" posts FFS.