whoa

Comments

• Reply 1 of 100
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
  • Reply 2 of 100
    Holy Hannah!
  • Reply 3 of 100
    Holy Crap. It just occured to me. if this is beyond the rumor sites. way beyond in fact than we HAVE to be getting a G5. rumor sites are reporting that. if its beyond that it has to be true.

this is insane
  • Reply 3 of 100
    well, that's it. we're throwing in the towel.

• Reply 5 of 100
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    Holy crap. Apple is playing with us! That caption is directed right at this site and this board. This is unbelieveable.
  • Reply 5 of 100
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    MERRY ****ING CHRISTMAS!!! ohmygodohmygodohmygod

They are killing me now, 5 more fricking days. I won't be able to sleep!!

This has GOT TO MEAN G5s!!!!!!
  • Reply 7 of 100
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ok...G5 iMacs....new digital hubs....tablets....G5 towers at 2 MHz plus.....what else??? g

damn them...no sleep tonight....wonder what ATAT will say about all this when they come back from vacation....g

hey applenut...what's beyong?

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 100
    They're reading this new topic right now and LTAO !!
  • Reply 9 of 100
    I seriously think that they might be playing with the people on the board - considering most here would be the most die hard of al Apple consumers.

They have a trick up their sleeves and they are going to enjoy making us, the most jaded of all Apple consumers, lose our minds.
  • Reply 9 of 100
    joe ojoe o Posts: 32member
    Well, Now we're getting somewhere!!! Apple never acknowledges rumor sites, let alone makes comments about them. This is about as big as it gets... :eek:

Joe
  • Reply 9 of 100
    shit. now I'm going to be up everynight at 3am waiting for the next damn thing. I thought it would just be more of the same "count on being blown away stuff" but this... this is.. big.
  • Reply 9 of 100
    enigmaenigma Posts: 44member
    this is great - apple should do this more often... cause only they can create this much hype around something - AND actually deliver on it!
  • Reply 13 of 100
    [quote]Originally posted by Joe O:

<strong>Well, Now we're getting somewhere!!! Apple never acknowledges rumor sites, let alone makes comments about them. This is about as big as it gets... :eek:

Joe</strong><hr></blockquote>

ONLY time I remember them (him) doing it was Seybold SF 99 when SJ unveiled the PowerMac G4.

He said something like, "rumor sites say we won't deliver these till 2000. guess what, we are announcing them TODAY"
  • Reply 13 of 100
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>well, that's it. we're throwing in the towel.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

What!? Not a trickle from any sources? No hints? No momentary flashes of insanity from anyone?

So should we assume it is not something that's been discussed on these boards, like the G5? I take this to mean we're off base.

Of course, I've been underestimating Apple up until now.
  • Reply 13 of 100
    Perhaps they even got the "Macworld Countdown" idea from the perennial thread that pops up here.
  • Reply 16 of 100
    i suddenly have the eerie feeling that we are actually *being watched*..... like, its as if we're gonna post something, and tomorrow it will be incorporated into the message... seriously, we should try to mold tomorrow's message... see how far we can go with it
  • Reply 17 of 100
    C'mon Steve, i DARE you (double dare you ) to drop a codename in tomorrow's tease... even if its something we've never discussed here... let's hear it!
  • Reply 17 of 100
    This is great, Apple is great. I've been waiting to see what the new text would be, never would've guessed!!!

This is gonna be Apple's biggest show ever.

They seem to be telling us this is it!!!
  • Reply 19 of 100
    So far i've seen rumors for:

1. The obvious flat panel iMac

2. The Powermac G5 with DDR

3. Gigawire

4. Tablet technology

5. New iApps

6. Various Apple branded iProducts such as a digital camera

I know there are more but my heart is pumping too much blood to my brain; it can't function properly.

Don't forget the site says "beyond" so we obviously aren't thinking big enough.

I bet Steve is surfing these boards in hysterical laughter reading all of this right now.
  • Reply 19 of 100
    This is most unusual. Its a first, I'll tell you that. Of course, there is the possibility that the person responsible for these taglines is in big trouble. I'm thinking of going to my local Apple Store to watch the broadcast.