Pro Tools 6.0 and DiskWarrior 3.0

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone have any news on the availability and pricing of these two crucial OS X aps?

-------------------------------------------

Waiting in Nashvegas

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Alguien?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Going from my very iffy memory I believe DiskWarrior will be $89 and some time this quarter. Something like that anyway. I know I saw the actual information around somewhere.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Digidesign tries as hard as possible to hide their solo software application sales on their web site . . . seeing as they focus on hardware and want to make their cash like that . . .

but, once you find it . . . (you might actually have to call them) you might be pleasantly surprised at how cheap their software is.

I bopught an AM3 card on Ebay and bought Protools 5.1 LE from Digidesin for 50$ . . . that's right, the best sound program for my purposes and it was only 50$!!!!!!

I think that Protools 6.0LE may be comparable . . . I hope so

[edit] and oh yeah . . . there is a free trial, (works till march) of Diskwarrior floating around . . supposedly works real good too

[ 02-02-2003: Message edited by: pfflam ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks for the input!

---------------------------------

Sodden in Nashville
  • Reply 5 of 7
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    ProTools 6 is out now. Upgrades cost $195 for TDM systems (halfway februari). And offcourse, it's on OSX now !

You can download ProTools 5.1 LE (12 MB) at the digidesign site.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    [quote]Originally posted by BigBlue:

<strong>ProTools 6 is out now. Upgrades cost $195 for TDM systems (halfway februari). And offcourse, it's on OSX now !

You can download ProTools 5.1 LE (12 MB) at the digidesign site.</strong><hr></blockquote>

95$ for LE systems . . upgrades if you bought after October 1st are free

BUT, the new Autorization system must be commented on: what a cumbersome mess!!!!

and what if you want your protools machine off of the web?!?!?

its a mistake and will only draw peope away from the system: by the way the only people who pirate plugs for such high end progz couldn't afford them anyway

this new iLok thing will be removed by the end of the year gaurenteed . . . its silly and will not make Protools plugz more profitable for Avid!!!!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The authorization system does seem a bit cumbersome. Do I smell bugs?