Definitive update on new MacBook Pro

Comments

• Reply 61 of 98
    I purchased a refurbished 15 inch Mac Book Pro less than a week ago. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what my optins are, IF the rumored Mac Book Pro refresh occurs and IF the changes are significant enough would I be able to return my refurbished MBP and order the new model (obviously not refurbished) ??

BTW the lid on my MBP does not close 'flush' together it has a slight 1/4 inch gap on one side as if the lid is slightly off. is that reason enough to return the MBP?

Your thoughts would be most welcome
  • Reply 62 of 98
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    1/4" gap when closed is a tremendous gap IMO. The lid must be noticeably bent to achieve that. It might be worth calling Apple on this and hoping they don't give you grief about it.
  • Reply 63 of 98
    If you were a proper Englishman you would have spelt aluminium properly!
  • Reply 64 of 98
    Tailpipe, you get an Honorary AppleInsider Commendation For Least Bulls1t Sounding "I Have A Friend At Teh Apple" Posts. In other words, keep it coming, sounds good. ...I too feel the MacBook Pro as it is in clunky next to the MBA or even sexay black MacBook.

Remember as a consolidation move it may be possible that Apple is "rationalising" away from heavy Pro Apps areas (eg. dropout of XServe RAID, static Cinema Displays line). The MacBook Pro will be mobile pro targeted, however, it is clear from Apple Retail a lot of general work/ business users lap this thing up. Even to run Windoze Parallels or BootCamp.
  • Reply 65 of 98
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    If the optical drive is on the right, towards the back where the ports are now, all the ports would have to be on the left but fewer of them. The battery could be very large but very flat. The rear of the base could be thicker than the front like the MBA.

The new MBP could be very MBA-like. Just hope it is and comes out next week.
  • Reply 66 of 98
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Tailpipe, you get an Honorary AppleInsider Commendation For Least Bulls1t Sounding "I Have A Friend At Teh Apple" Posts. In other words, keep it coming, sounds good. ...

+1. i was going to post the very same thing a week ago, just couldn't articulate it the way i wanted.

props to tailpipe, hope the predictions come true!
  • Reply 67 of 98
    Apple's stock has dropped and anything to boost that would be a goal at the moment. A silent update to such an important product for Apple is not likely at this point. I anticipate, if nothing else, a little more hoopla around the release... which means we'll be waiting.
  • Reply 68 of 98
    Hope the keybord never come in Black, it´s horrible!!! it remind me the PowerBook G4 Titanium!!!

Hope it´s all in aluminium and the keyboard too!
  • Reply 69 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wenning1982 View Post

Hope the keybord never come in Black, it´s horrible!!! it remind me the PowerBook G4 Titanium!!!

Hope it´s all in aluminium and the keyboard too!

YES! Thank you.
  • Reply 70 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

YES! Thank you.

I don't think black looks bad. They did it with the Air, so more then likely it will be black.
  • Reply 71 of 98
    I know, it's subjective. But i just don't think the black on silver looks as good as the silver on silver. To me it looks like a retro-fitted or reused part (from the Macbooks).
  • Reply 72 of 98
    The Macbook PRO must be all SILVER!!! not black, hey , the AIR it´s a Notebook for girls!!! The Mens must take the PRO or just a MAcbook!
  • Reply 73 of 98
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I know, it's subjective. But i just don't think the black on silver looks as good as the silver on silver. To me it looks like a retro-fitted or reused part (from the Macbooks).

I totally disagree. I think people are saying this because it was somewhat unexpected and new. Give it a while I think you will adjust to it.
  • Reply 74 of 98
    i just writte from my PowerBook G4 Titanium , and i Don´t like this Black keyboard!!!!! but, só the MBP will not have a new design, so will have the penry on SILVER WITH SILVER

Maybe in june you will have a new MBP design and maybe there Apple put a Black keyboard, but i stell hope not!!!! Any way Silver and Black look Horrible! "It´s just my Opinion"
  • Reply 75 of 98
    Quote:

i just writte from my PowerBook G4 Titanium , and i Don´t like this Black keyboard!!!!! but, só the MBP will not have a new design, so will have the penry on SILVER WITH SILVER

Maybe in june you will have a new MBP design and maybe there Apple put a Black keyboard, but i stell hope not!!!! Any way Silver and Black look Horrible! "It´s just my Opinion"

Black now tells the user it's backlit, white tells them it's not. Therefore the new Apple keyboards are white on silver, as will the MacBook be. And the MacBook Pro [like the Air] will be black on silver.
  • Reply 76 of 98
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

black keyboard >>>> silver. the silver keyboard is tacky and plastic looking, imo.
  • Reply 77 of 98
    Based somewhat on what Tailpipe said, I've updated my mockup of the MBP update:

• Reply 78 of 98
    Here Rolo:

[You are re-mocking up the Air]

This is more like the new MacBook Pro will look I suspect:

[save the mag-latch]

• Reply 79 of 98
    Heh, I think I'll stick with my mockup. That thing above has an optical slot the size of a floppy and a way too wide bezel. Oh, and a front latch button but no latches. If you're going to have a magnetic latch, you don't need a latch-release button.

The new MBP should take some design cues from the MBA. That means a wedge-shaped base that's thin in the front, thicker in the back. The optical would go on the right side and the ports on the left. Fewer ports, though.
  • Reply 80 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Heh, I think I'll stick with my mockup. That thing above has an optical slot the size of a floppy and a way too wide bezel. Oh, and a front latch button but no latches. If you're going to have a magnetic latch, you don't need a latch-release button.

The new MBP should take some design cues from the MBA. That means a wedge-shaped base that's thin in the front, thicker in the back. The optical would go on the right side and the ports on the left. Fewer ports, though.

I don't see the slot moving for the very reason that fewer ports would = sales-suicide. I did mention about the mag-latch, they will very liked add that too. A slight external taper is also possible, but don't expect anything half as dramatic as the taper on the Air's exterior.