Battery Charger for MacBook Pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi All,

I've got a 17" MBP which I use each day on the commute from home to work. But by midday the battery is prett y flat. I don't work out of a single office so i can't really charge my battery up, so I've bought a spare. On the way home, swap out the battery and get working again. But the problem is charging them both up at home.

Does anyone know of an external battery charger for the MBP 17" batteries?

Thanks

Wheelz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Did a quick google search for you:

http://www.newertech.com/products/charger_cond.php

I can't vouch for them, so you'll have to search for other people's reviews on the charger.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ozzieboyozzieboy Posts: 22member
    Yes, that is a good product with a known history of quality. I was going to suggest it as well.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    What is the solution for people who need to work for long periods of time without having the computer attached to an external power supply with the new unibody battery paradigm?

In some of my work, I am away from a power cord for 10-12 hours at a time. There are times when I go days without actually plugging the computer into the wall for more than a few minutes. My current solution is to use an external charger (the newertech mentioned here, although I'm not as pleased with it as the poster) to charge the batteries and swap them in when I need them.

I could plug in the computer over night, but I won't make it through a day on a single battery, even if it did live up to the advertised 8 hours. And, I really don't have an option in all scenarios to be tied down to a power cord during those days.

Is there a portable external supply available on the market that could be used to supplement the internal battery?

Julia Bell
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juliabell View Post

What is the solution for people who need to work for long periods of time without having the computer attached to an external power supply with the new unibody battery paradigm?

HyperMac battery packs:

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperMac-Ex...Power-s/91.htm