Billing Costs

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am seriously thinking about purchasing a IPhone in the near future. This will be my first "smart" phone and was curious on what the average phone bill cost for the IPhone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    my wife and i have iphones and we're at like $113/month.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Mine is $71 and change every month. I never go over my minutes or text msgs. I have the lowest minutes plan.
  • Reply 3 of 6

I can't believe you guys pay that much... really... the US is a scary place.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I can't believe you guys pay that much... really... the US is a scary place.

Having lived in Europe and had a local phone I don't feel that $71 for my 450 minutes, 200 SMS, and data and email is a bad deal. I admit not as great as Orange with 600 munutes and 500 SMS with data for 35 GBP, but that $71 include taxes and fees and I would be the 35 GBP doesn't.

Edit: but yes the US is a scary place, just not b/c of the phone tariffs.....

Edit 2: So Voda HK 2G plans (GSM/Edge) (my bro in law was born in and lives/works there now) estimate about 298 $ HK for the minutes, 50 or so HK$ for SMS, and around 198 HK$ for the internet... total, 546 $HK or about $70 US based in the Blackberry he has for business use. if you wanted to use POP email you could subtract a little. Didn't ask it that inlcudes taxes...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

Having lived in Europe and had a local phone I don't feel that $71 for my 450 minutes, 200 SMS, and data and email is a bad deal. I admit not as great as Orange with 600 munutes and 500 SMS with data for 35 GBP, but that $71 include taxes and fees and I would be the 35 GBP doesn't.

Edit: but yes the US is a scary place, just not b/c of the phone tariffs.....

Edit 2: So Voda HK 2G plans (GSM/Edge) (my bro in law was born in and lives/works there now) estimate about 298 $ HK for the minutes, 50 or so HK$ for SMS, and around 198 HK$ for the internet... total, 546 $HK or about $70 US based in the Blackberry he has for business use. if you wanted to use POP email you could subtract a little. Didn't ask it that inlcudes taxes...

That's ridiculous. No one pays $298 for minutes!

I've just checked with my provider, PCCW, and the current 3G plan is $198 for 2000 minutes plus 200 Video call minutes plus 200 MMS messages. Unlimited 2G data is $168. 3G is more expensive. $198 gets you 30MB.

Personally, I pay HK$400 (US$50), and for that I get:

900 regular minutes - Package ($108)

700 intra-network minutes - Package

Unlimited carry-over (I currently have over 10000 minutes carried over) - Package

300 inter-network MMS per month - ($38)

Unlimited intra-network MMS - Package

Dual line service (2 incoming and outgoing lines with separate numbers) - ($18)

Call waiting, call forwarding and voicemail - Package

Secretarial paging (a real person answers the calls then sends the message to my phone via SMS, translating from Chinese to English if necessary) - ($58)

News and weather via sms ($8)

20MB EDGE internet usage ($98)

Unlimited wi-fi access at thousands of locations around town (every Starbucks, shopping malls, airport, even pay phone booths) ($58)

Yes a lot of what I get is cheaper for me than the advertised price because I've been a loyal customer for six years. But even at the advertised price all that above would be less than HK$550 (US$70) or so. If I didn't need all the bells and whistles I could easily pare down my monthly bill to HK$200. Almost all of my friends pay less than that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I pay £50 exactly :P

600 mins, 500 texts,

Visual Voicemail,

Unlimited Edge,

WiFi Hot Spots, £35

Unlimited Texts £7.50

and iPhone insurrance. £7.50

I think i've done pretty well, all with tax etc