MacBook Pros running dry in the channel ahead of refreshes

Comments

• Reply 141 of 167
    So do you think we will finally get the update on the 26? or do you think we will have to wait?
  • Reply 142 of 167
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samoske View Post

So do you think we will finally get the update on the 26? or do you think we will have to wait?

If Apple is trying for a product update every week, they might try to spread them out a bit. Next week is their claimed deadline for the SDK. It might not get big fanfare or an event. New MBPs probably won't get one either, there hasn't been an event for MB/MBP updates in quite a long time, possibly never except for their original introductions.
  • Reply 143 of 167
    mahk,

i Think that In the last EVent (MacWorld Expo 2008) Steve Jobs said again "There is one more thing" and that thing is the MACKBOO AIR, do you remember?

Sorry Mahk, i go to see now in youtube, and I´m Wrong!! my mistake.
  • Reply 144 of 167
    Having new MBPs would be a nice distraction from the possibly late SDK release.
  • Reply 145 of 167
    hey

what does anyone think...will there be a blu-ray drive option? maybe?
  • Reply 146 of 167
    on the new MBP i mean...

• Reply 147 of 167
    We have had no other clues, invitations nor informations that could make us think that there will definitly be a event next Tuesday. The news we had today saying that "the SDK may be delayed" only came to confirm my expections that there will not be a event.

Since there will not be a event next Tuesday we should not expect huge announcements. No SDK but most probably a Mbp update instead. Apple has made announcements every Tuesday of the month, so this Tuesday shouldn't be an exception. Though Apple has no longer a lot of choices among their products to update and there's only one product missing in stores, that's why the Mbp seams to be the next update "victim".

If this uptade is about to happen then it should happen with certain specs: magnetic latch, multitouch trackpad, black backlight keyboard,... Because without this specs the Mbp will not follow the logic of the Mba design which means that Apple would have 3 distingued product categories. That's unlikly: will the Mba stand alone in its own category?

Thinking this way will bring us to the Tailpipe predictions.
  • Reply 148 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ATLienGeorgia View Post

I am not sure why you are saying it is running dry, my local Apple store has over 50 MBP in stock and my local Best Buy has boxes of them stocked behind a locked fence storage unit. Also, if the event for the launch is on the 26th, then why have no invitations surfaced yet? I don't think it will be next week. Maybe mid March!

I'm not certain how important it is that local stores like Best Buy still have stock. Large corporate stores make their purchases make purchases weeks and months ahead, and Apple certainly doesn't give them any indication that they'll (Apple) will be releasing new models soon. Personally, I would never buy from a local store; I'd buy online from the Apple Store because then I'm assured that the unit I'm ordering is the most recent build--whereas purchasing from a local store (Best Buy or even Apple) isn't going to guarantee the newest build. I think watching the behavior of Apple's online store is a more reliable indicator of availability since product is shipped direct from China--particularly if it's a build-to-order unit--and if Apple has stopped production on a current model in anticipation of new updates, this will be reflected in longer shipping times.

As for no invitations having surfaced yet for a supposed Apple Event on the 26th, rumors suggest that the iPhone SDK won't be ready until mid-March, so this is one possible explanation. However, the test of time will reveal what happens as Tuesday is only a few days away.
  • Reply 149 of 167
    It could also mean they might release the Time Machine on Tuesday. I thought the Time Capsule was the Time Machine........ its the last week before March...Sony, Gateway, Alienware, Dell, are now shipping with Penryn processors. How slow can Apple be? They shoulda named this company "Turtle".
  • Reply 150 of 167
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

It could also mean they might release the Time Machine on Tuesday. I thought the Time Capsule was the Time Machine........ its the last week before March...Sony, Gateway, Alienware, Dell, are now shipping with Penryn processors. How slow can Apple be? They shoulda named this company "Turtle".

I bet Apple's move to Penryn will require a lot more chips than the other OEMs you mention. While other OEMs sell more machines the majority of their sales utilize older tech, not the latest and greatest.
  • Reply 151 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I bet Apple's move to Penryn will require a lot more chips than the other OEMs you mention. While other OEMs sell more machines the majority of their sales utilize older tech, not the latest and greatest.

That maybe true but i think they will not wait to long anymore, cause the stock is running dry like everyone says. I really hope we get the update this Thuesday but I guess we will have to wait and see
  • Reply 152 of 167
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the stocks of MBPs on Amazon (UK) are virtually non-existent right now?

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.2Ghz - Only 1 left in stock--order soon.

MacBook Pro 17" - Only 2 left in stock--order soon.

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4Ghz - Only 3 left in stock--order soon.

Here's me hoping the new ones get released soon, looking forward to getting mine
  • Reply 153 of 167
    If the stock is really that low then isn't there a huge chance the update is finally going to arrive on the 26?
  • Reply 154 of 167
    Well I've recently posted on my blog that they were updated when I went to the Apple Store

Link

EDIT:It's the one after please tell people about my blog!
  • Reply 155 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookAir77 View Post

Well I've recently posted on my blog that they were updated when I went to the Apple Store

Link

Please tell me you aren't kidding. I just read your blog, and if that is true, that is great news. Did you notice anything else different about it? I can't imagine that you said to yourself, "Oh look, a new MacBook Pro with a larger track pad. That's cool. Who wants ice cream?" You must have stayed around and played with it and investigated. Plus if this is true, then it seems like there is a strong possibility that they will be available immediately.

EDIT: I think that I got overly excited. I'm with Posty. This is highly suspect.
  • Reply 156 of 167
    Quote:

Link

This is very interesting! Did you notice anything changed except the multi touch? Is it the same design? Can you visit the shop again and make some pictures? Or did they took the new models away?
  • Reply 157 of 167
    Quote:

Link

I'd like to go ahead and be the first to say how stupid this blog, and blog entry, is. There isn't a chance in hell they "accidently" put out new Macbook Pros without any notice. They wouldn't even get them in until Apple made a full announcement. I personally don't believe your story what-so-ever and I think it's just a cheap gimmick to get people to visit your blog.

There are already enough APPLE RULEZ MICROSOFT blogs. Please just stop, don't put yellow journalism in there to get some comments and viewers.
  • Reply 158 of 167
    Everything was the same 2.0,2.2,2.4 GHz and the design was the same too
  • Reply 159 of 167
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by impetor View Post

This is very interesting! Did you notice anything changed except the multi touch? Is it the same design? Can you visit the shop again and make some pictures? Or did they took the new models away?

Well they were like "quick take them away before another person sees it!" but they were also at the Fry's next door
  • Reply 160 of 167
    Quote:

Well they were like "quick take them away before another person sees it!" but they were also at the Fry's next door

Wait! Both your local Apple Store and your local Fry's accidentally put out the new MacBook Pro's almost a week ago. Hmm... what is that I feel... oh yes.. its credulity being strained.