iCal issue on 10.5

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
For whatever reason iCal will not delete old 'to do' events after they have completed, even when I have the option checked to do so in the prefs. I've tried deleting the prefs to see if that was the problem but it still didn't work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

For whatever reason iCal will not delete old 'to do' events after they have completed, even when I have the option checked to do so in the prefs. I've tried deleting the prefs to see if that was the problem but it still didn't work. Any ideas?

Can you right click on them (or ctrl-click) and get a pop-up menu? If so, one of the options should be "Cut." Simply choose "Cut" and don't paste them anywhere, or if you use a clipboard manager, erase them after you have cut them.

I found it odd that I had the same thing, but cutting them works for me. I guess if you have a lot of them, it could be a pain though.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Perhaps you could try to delete them inside of Mail?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post

Perhaps you could try to delete them inside of Mail?

They're not posted from Mail though, they are done manually inside of ical,
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Im still having issues with iCal not deleting previous events that have passed.. I even made a new account and it still acts the same way, Ill create a new event that is a week or so old and set iCal to delete events after they are 2 days old and it will not do it. Is anybody experiencing this in 10.5.2

Any more suggestions would be great.