what if Apple bought Nvidia or ATI? Adobe?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
what would happen if Apple bought Nvidia or ATI? What if they picked one of those up and also purchased Adobe with that mountain of cash?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    it'd be disastrous

Apple has no business in these markets.

They wouldn't benefit from buying Adobe anyway. It keeps them on their feet to release better products. Competition is good.

All I wish, and it's really the only HUGE nuisance about owning a Mac is that off the shelf PC graphics cards don't work in our machines.

And actually, that's Apple's fault.

Although, come on, what's it take for nVidia and ATI to add the Mac bios as well...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post

it'd be disastrous

All I wish, and it's really the only HUGE nuisance about owning a Mac is that off the shelf PC graphics cards don't work in our machines.

Although, come on, what's it take for nVidia and ATI to add the Mac bios as well...

Problem solved if they buy Nvidia or ATI.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zo

They wouldn't benefit from buying Adobe anyway. It keeps them on their feet to release better products. Competition is good.

Apple would certainly benefit from buying Adobe! It would give them leverage against windows & cement them amongst pro's as the go-to company for anything creative (which it practically already is). It would also expand their Pro software line and even trickle a bit into iLife perhaps, giving the average user a better overall Mac experience.

Adobe & Apple haven't been on the best terms lately, but that would change if Apple bought them. It would be nice to see photoshop released a year later on Windows after its released on OSX. I'm sure that would drive some Mac sales.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post

it'd be disastrous

Apple has no business in these markets.

Maybe
  • Reply 4 of 4
    NVIDIA Isn't property of INTEL ?

Or is that ATI?

In any case one of the two is property of INTEL and as such apple could not buy it ^_^