Get ready for pink MacBook Air!

Morod
  • Reply 63 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Golf clap, yaaay.

What the hell is a Golf clap?
  • Reply 64 of 82
    Dutch store & Uk store are down as well, could be a biggie!
  • Reply 65 of 82
    Maybe!

Hey Lemme... is the alpha-60 an Apple?
  • Reply 66 of 82
    Just spoke to Apple store UK - all but confirmed MB Pro is included & offered to call me back in approx 1hr to go through the specs. Looks like the wait is over!
  • Reply 67 of 82
    The French online store (yes we have one) is down too.

Now. Tell me. Tell me all this is not just for the iPod Shuffle 2 Go .
  • Reply 68 of 82
    Good news to come. Great

Apple Store From Portugal are Down too. Maybe we will have today the new Macbook Pros
  • Reply 69 of 82
    no PLEASE dont´tell me That straightfromthecask!!!

Let me Beleive that will have a new mbp, please, let me dream for and 1hour.
  • Reply 70 of 82
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by straightfromthecask View Post

The French online store (yes we have one) is down too.

Now. Tell me. Tell me all this is not just for the iPod Shuffle 2 Go .

No, "because" the european stores are down.
  • Reply 71 of 82
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chriskeo View Post

true but blueray would look a lot better on even the 1280 x 800 screens.

Dvd is only 640 x 480 while Blueray is 1920 x 1080

The macbook screens come close but lack true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio

I think it's a quibble. There's no true widescreen aspect ratio, but 16x9 is the best to use for movies because that's what was chosen. For computers, 16:10 is better because it fits two portrait-arranged documents and leaves room for a menu bar.
  • Reply 72 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

No, "because" the european stores are down.

The US stores are up now with an improved MacBook Pro. I think new MacBooks too.
  • Reply 73 of 82
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The US stores are up now with an improved MacBook Pro.

"imperceptibly improved", you meant to say?
  • Reply 74 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The US stores are up now with an improved MacBook Pro.

But a pretty underwhelming one! Or am I missing something?
  • Reply 75 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby View Post

"imperceptibly improved", you meant to say?

I suppose that's true. I really didn't expect much change. With processor families seeming to come around every 6-9 months, I don't think it makes sense to expect a revolutionary bump from every one.

Didn't previous models include a remote? It seems to be extra now.
  • Reply 76 of 82
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JonWil View Post

But a pretty underwhelming one! Or am I missing something?

You're probably missing what most of us will: the «oomph», the «je-ne-sais-quoi», the «I need to have this!» effect.

Lamest update ever.
  • Reply 77 of 82
    YES! They only upgraded the Multi-Touch! No reason to return my MBP, this is a great day for me!
  • Reply 78 of 82
    Any skeptics should just think of this update as the last and the best this style of machine will ever be, before they start to tinker with it and redesign the case.. being said, there will be bugs and a few generations before the new thin pros are in the same state that these are.

So anyone whining that the body hasn't changed, can sulk and wait 6-8 months, or anyone that needs to get work done and fast, buy the new MBP now.
  • Reply 79 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatesbasher View Post

Here's my prediction, and with this and $1.99 you can buy a cup of coffee, so start heading for Starbuck's now!

The new MacBook Pro, when it comes out, will functionally be much the same as the current one. Faster processor, maybe; better video card, maybe; LED backlight, for sure.... It will continue to be in an aluminum case, which may very well be almost the same thickness in the middle, but will be much more curved in shape, like the MacBook Air. Don't mistake this for styling, pure and simple. It will, by virtue of its shape, be much more rigid and yet lighter. When VW brought out the Cabrio, they had to add a big X-brace to the platform because it didn't have enormous contribution to rigidity of the original Bug's egg-shape. This is the same evolution in reverse. I further predict that you will hear the same complaints about "style over substance." All of Apple's competitors seem to think the two are mutually incompatible.

OK, I was wrong: you guys are going to have to buy your own coffee. Oh wait, you were doing that anyway....
  • Reply 80 of 82
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatesbasher View Post

OK, I was wrong: you guys are going to have to buy your own coffee. Oh wait, you were doing that anyway....

It takes character to come back and acknowledge when you were wrong. I'm heading out for my coffee now...