So.....what do we get next Tuesday? :)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong but almost every Tuesday since after macworld there has been an update or product release of some kind? You've all got your new macbooks now.

So what kind of announcement or release is going to happen next week?

Perhaps it will be the SDK event? But doesn't the press usually get notice a week in advance?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but almost every Tuesday since after macworld there has been an update or product release of some kind? You've all got your new macbooks now.

So what kind of announcement or release is going to happen next week?

Perhaps it will be the SDK event? But doesn't the press usually get notice a week in advance?

Apple Cinema Displays?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnathan View Post

Apple Cinema Displays?

And in keeping with today's spectacular hardware refresh, not to mention last weeks exhilarating new hardware, the Cinema Displays will be the same size as today, same resolution, same price, same enclosure, but 5% brighter.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Mac Mini with the specs of the new Mac Book and a good GPU as BTO and an iMac with matte S-IPS Display and a better GPU.

Ok, I know it is Apple and not Santa Clause ....
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philby View Post

And in keeping with today's spectacular hardware refresh, not to mention last weeks exhilarating new hardware, the Cinema Displays will be the same size as today, same resolution, same price, same enclosure, but 5% brighter.

I just got my 30" ACD on Saturday. If it were any brighter, I'd need sun glasses to sit in front of it <BG>.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Ok, so you guys are saying they will continue with the piecemeal types of releases. So maybe next week they will update all their accesories? Like the new icable for 2008? lol! Oh no no....the new earbuds for 2008!

Thing is before long they are going to run out of little bitsy crap stuff to update before the next big event WWDC 08.

I say next week since its march its going to be the big/mini SDK event. Its not going to be an announcement but it HAS to be a mini event.

Either that or the new ibuds.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnathan View Post

Apple Cinema Displays?

I'd like that, but no.

I'm starting to suspect Apple won't refresh the Cinema Displays until they can use LED backlighting--per Jobs' memo.

Quote:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

Apple plans to reduce and eventually eliminate the use of mercury by transitioning to LED backlighting for all displays when technically and economically feasible.

Given that the new Samsung XL30 is about $4,420 street, I think Apple will wait until at least WWDC or the end of the year.

Unfortunately, this means I may give up and buy the new NEC... or compromise and buy a cheap Dell 24" until the 30" LED ACD comes out.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    How about an Apple stamped 52" 1080p LCD tv with full LED backlighting?!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

That would be awesome!! I wonder how much that would cost though...

---

I think they are going to update the iMac or the Mac Mini
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

That would be awesome!! I wonder how much that would cost though...

---

I think they are going to update the iMac or the Mac Mini

iMac? Naw, they will save that for WWDC 08. The mac mini they might update next week though.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Quote:

iMac? Naw, they will save that for WWDC 08. The mac mini they might update next week though.

I doubt they'd keep the iMac as is for much longer when the MacBook has Penryn. My money is on the iMac as well.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

I doubt they'd keep the iMac as is for much longer when the MacBook has Penryn. My money is on the iMac as well.

I found a few days ago an estimation of the breakout of Macs sales for 2007. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find the source anymore today, but I remember the ballpark (+/- 2 or 3 points):

MacBooks around 35%

iMacs around 30%

MacBook Pro at 22%

Mac Pro at 8%

Mac mini at 3%

IMO, the iMac will get its penryn update soon (especially if Intel is indeed moving the manufacturing of Meroms to Penryns, because 30% of Macs is a significant number).

Given the numbers for the Mac mini (which I believe are true) I don't think Apple would need to update it because of the lack of chips from Intel. By the way an update to penryn would need a new motherboard/chipset. It can wait for Montevina.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    iPod Hi-Fi 2.0 with integrated AirPort Express.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Apparently new toys are coming if this guys report is correct:

Quote:

Steve Jobs: Frequent Flier (AAPL)

Dan Frommer | Feb. 26, 3:05 PM | 7

Apple's boss is flying more. Does that mean new toys are coming out soon?

Morgan Stanley analyst Kathryn Huberty thinks you should buy Apple stock. Why? Because Apple's coming out with all kinds of great new things. Barrons' Eric Savitz summarizes.

That sounds exciting! But how does Huberty know Apple is working on lots of new toys? There's one straightforward clue: research and development spending was up 34% in the December quarter. A less obvious tell: Apple boss Steve Jobs is flying more.

Apple spent $550,000 on Jobs' airplane expenses -- we assume it's on the Gulfstream V he made the company give him in 2000 -- during the December quarter. That's three times the average over the previous six quarters. Jobs is "integral to negotiations with international carriers and supply chain partners," she notes. So when Steve's flying, Apple's new-gadget gears are cranking.

But while Huberty is bullish on Apple long term, she's still slashing estimates for the March quarter. Huberty expects Apple to sell 8.5 million iPods this quarter, down from her previous guess of 10 million, and 1 million iPhones, down from her previous guess of 1.5 million. She still expects Apple to sell 2 million Macs this quarter.

Like Bernstein's Toni Sacconaghi, she expects Apple to miss its 10-million-iPhones-in-2008 goal -- she pegs 2008 iPhone sales at 9.3 million units, down from her previous estimate of 10.5 million.

More Apple News:

Read Barrons' Eric Savitz summary here: http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...s-been-flying/
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Ha! I'm even getting faster than these tech blogs in finding information online. For the record I found the article about Steve Job's travel plans relating to future product releases....first!
  • Reply 15 of 18
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

with built in wifi and apple tv???wow!!!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

with built in wifi and apple tv???wow!!!

Oh yeah! The wifi and appletv would be a given.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    iMac update

------------------

Apple Certified Refurbished iMac

(current generation)

Refurbished iMac 20-inch 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Limited Time Special Price

all the models listed with Limited Time Special Price

iMac is next logical step ...
  • Reply 18 of 18
    I think that its going to be a whole slew of new mobile devices not necessarily iphones. Wifi mobile devices. They are going to be the new ipods.