I have redesigned the Macbook Air

Comments

• Reply 61 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

If I remember correctly... you were banned.

*checks* Yep. Nice try though. My bet is that you are flagged within twelve hours.

Meh. If I really cared I would have at least tried to made the screenname inconspicuous, LOL
  • Reply 62 of 122
    Quote:

Have you ever considered that we're defending Apple not for the sake of defending Apple, but because we disagree with your negative points?

It's like like saying that all Mac users are fanboys. Just because Mac fanboys use Macs, doesn't mean that anyone using a Mac is automatically a fanboy. The same applies here. We're defending Apple not because we're fanboys, but because we think they're right.

For example, if you read the iPhone section, you can read all the posts where I hammer it. I think the iPhone is a "Beta" product. The MBA, I think is fantastic.
  • Reply 63 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

For example, if you read the iPhone section, you can read all the posts where I hammer it. I think the iPhone is a "Beta" product. The MBA, I think is fantastic.

MBA is pretty cool
  • Reply 64 of 122
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

I'm still waiting for 'Ives intern' confirmation.

Shush, nobody is meant to know.
  • Reply 65 of 122
    Its the macbook AIR! which means wireless dude. So get yerself a bluetooth mouse, and get wireless internet, a wireless/bluetooth printer and youll only have to use the usb port for yer ipod or summit.

Good god, a boy like you should really watch the keynote a couple of times so you get the point as to what the MBA was designed for.
  • Reply 66 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Franky2x4 View Post

Its the macbook AIR! which means wireless dude. So get yerself a bluetooth mouse, and get wireless internet, a wireless/bluetooth printer and youll only have to use the usb port for yer ipod or summit.

Good god, a boy like you should really watch the keynote a couple of times so you get the point as to what the MBA was designed for.

Great first post dude, you great success!
  • Reply 67 of 122
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Great first post dude, you great success!

I think his points are quite salient
  • Reply 68 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I think his points are quite salient

I disagree, the Air is missing a few features which make it the most useless Mac ever made. The so-called wireless migration doesn't work for more people than is does. And as result you actually have to buy the Ethernet adapter [you have to get them, and put them away... yuck] to do the migration thing [Jason O'Grady - Powerpage]. The USB slot is recessed [just like the iPhone headphone slot] with the edge of that door in the way, which means you need to carry around a spare adapter to plug in your 3G wireless antenna [cue the businessman, they all have them]. And just for the sake of it, you have to carry the ethernet adapter with you when you travel, just in case you can't get wireless access [cue the bad design, again]. Go on say it: "maybe you need to stay in a better hotel.." ha! One UBS port would only fit in that design? I don't believe that for one minute. Which means you'll need to buy and ugly bulky USB hub. Everyone hates those.

Back to the drawing board Apple. Good effort, unique, yet like the Mighty Mouse and iMovie '08, you didn't think it through enough. I'd bet $1000 Air 2 will have 2 USB ports, wait and you see. Sure Apple has other laptops which have more USB ports, whatever. The fact of the matter is, buy doing what the did design-wise with that door etc. they crippled the device to the grave. They could have added an ethernet port and a second USB port too. They put off most potential buyers.

Go on defend Apple, I don't care. I know what I know, they made a royal blip up of the Air - end of Story. People can call me arrogant all they want, but the real arrogant person here is you know who.

Steve if you are reading this: get a clue would you. Some people may be fools for this silly design, but most won't fall for it.
  • Reply 69 of 122
    Quote:

Very funny. That door is so cool the way it stops my peripherals from plugging in, genius.

you say this like you bought it.

but yet this

Quote:

I may have been interested in an ultra-portable Mac, but certainly not the Air.

Like you didn't.

We all, unfortunately, know that you haven't seen it in an Apple store, so what is your beef, really? you don't like the design, don't buy it. you criticize a Billion Dollar company as If they are a bunch of collage dropouts that haven't a clue, yet the apparent skill YOU possess, seems to amount to Fisher Price Photoshop skills.

If you are so confident of your skill, of how you could improve Apple, of how much you ACTUALLY seem to want to BE Steve, then By all means apply for the job TO APPLE. If you are that convinced of the difference you can make GO PROVE IT. otherwise you are just another armchair CEO/designer.

If you DO actually apply, I would wish you all the success possible, but, keep in mind that I'd be very keen to see your rejection letter IF you actually got a reply.

YES Apple need some criticism, but to call decisions made by them, likely via committee/months of R&D, "stupid" in an offhand way while offering a more ugly and equally ill thought out solution (wheres the DVI out?) AFTER they have done the Donkey work for you by supplying the rest of the design is at the very least petulant.

Pick holes in the sky why don't you, its flawed too!
  • Reply 70 of 122
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

lots of hyperbole

Well, that was a whole lot of words in response to one little off the cuff sentence.

I found his points salient because I identify with them.

I have a bluetooth mouse that I love, and my printer sits across the room, happily connected to my airport express. In the 7 or 8 months I've owned my MBP, I've never used the ethernet port, and I've never had more than one USB device (or more than one device of any kind) connected at the same time.

Most useless mac ever? I mean really. I think there's a good argument that its combination of thin and lite, yet still relatively high powered, make it one of the more useful macs ever.

Your best point is that the wireless migration does not seem to work well. That's clearly something Apple needs to address.
  • Reply 71 of 122
    Quote:

If I remember correctly... you were banned.

*checks* Yep. Nice try though. My bet is that you are flagged within twelve hours.

What? This is my first account I've ever had here. I think you have me confused with someone else
  • Reply 72 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

What? This is my first account I've ever had here. I think you have me confused with someone else

He was mixing you up with a user named md0tdubz.
  • Reply 73 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

He was mixing you up with a user named md0tdubz.

maybe, maybe not. seems i'm invisisble, lol. Lets see how long the fun can last, hehe.
  • Reply 74 of 122
    Ahh, my mistake. So sorry.

It must have been the fact that when I clicked on "md0tdubz" username, it sent me to your profile. I guess if he was removed and you took his user number, that could happen.

Welcome to the boards, then . I promise I'm not usually an ass.

Quote:

...you have to carry the ethernet adapter with you when you travel, just in case you can't get wireless access [cue the bad design, again]. Go on say it: "maybe you need to stay in a better hotel.." ha! One UBS port would only fit in that design? I don't believe that for one minute. Which means you'll need to buy and ugly bulky USB hub. Everyone hates those.

Perhaps you could get an AirPort Express, after all, that's half the reason they exist, to be a portable WiFi base for instances that you can't get wireless. Not only would it save you the USB port, but would allow you to ALWAYS have wireless, whether they provide it or not.

Quote:

Back to the drawing board Apple. Good effort, unique, yet like the Mighty Mouse and iMovie '08, you didn't think it through enough. I'd bet $1000 Air 2 will have 2 USB ports, wait and you see. Sure Apple has other laptops which have more USB ports, whatever. The fact of the matter is, buy doing what the did design-wise with that door etc. they crippled the device to the grave. They could have added an ethernet port and a second USB port too. They put off most potential buyers.

Most? Perhaps some, but using the term "most" implies you know more about the sales performance than you actually do. And if you were paying attention, you'd see that the Air is selling like hotcakes. The point is that no one in the Air's intended market cares about the ethernet. They don't need more USB ports, because their mouse is Bluetooth-based. And I've seen many 3G USB dongles that work great with the Air's retractable I/O bay. The point here is not that the Air is a bad product, it's that it's not for you. I have a problem with the fact that the $2800 Mac Pro has no monitor or webcam. Does that mean it's a bad product? Of course not, it means it's not for me. That's why I bought an iMac. You want ethernet and multiple USB ports at a low price. Therefore, the MacBook Air isn't your product, it sounds like the MacBook is.
  • Reply 75 of 122
    Quote:

Ahh, my mistake. So sorry.

It must have been the fact that when I clicked on "md0tdubz" username, it sent me to your profile. I guess if he was removed and you took his user number, that could happen.

Welcome to the boards, then . I promise I'm not usually an ass.

Perhaps you could get an AirPort Express, after all, that's half the reason they exist, to be a portable WiFi base for instances that you can't get wireless. Not only would it save you the USB port, but would allow you to ALWAYS have wireless, whether they provide it or not.

Most? Perhaps some, but using the term "most" implies you know more about the sales performance than you actually do. And if you were paying attention, you'd see that the Air is selling like hotcakes. The point is that no one in the Air's intended market cares about the ethernet. They don't need more USB ports, because their mouse is Bluetooth-based. And I've seen many 3G USB dongles that work great with the Air's retractable I/O bay. The point here is not that the Air is a bad product, it's that it's not for you. I have a problem with the fact that the $2800 Mac Pro has no monitor or webcam. Does that mean it's a bad product? Of course not, it means it's not for me. That's why I bought an iMac. You want ethernet and multiple USB ports at a low price. Therefore, the MacBook Air isn't your product, it sounds like the MacBook is.

You can be sometimes.
  • Reply 76 of 122
    What's really impressive is that, after 5000+ posts, Ireland is really coming on as a troll here! Just admit that you might have been wrong, let this thread die, and all will be forgiven. Besides, Airs are selling quite well.
  • Reply 77 of 122
    Quote:

What's really impressive is that, after 5000+ posts, Ireland is really coming on as a troll here! Just admit that you might have been wrong, let this thread die, and all will be forgiven. Besides, Airs are selling quite well.

That comment made me chuckle a little. Only a little though. The problem about me admitting I'm wrong that the port-door on the Air is a bad design is I would be lying. It would be like admitting the mighty mouse is a great mouse, it would be just plain inaccurate. The whole reality of the conecpt is so obviously flawed at its core I'm quite frankly embarassed for some of the responses been given here.

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree gentlemen. You can do what you do, close this thread if you will. I've said my piece.
  • Reply 78 of 122
    Quote:

Looks like we will have to agree to disagree gentlemen. You can do what you do, close this thread if you will. I've said my piece.

Yes, and you're all alone in that opinion. Next time, spare us of the manifesto.
  • Reply 79 of 122
    Quote:

Yes, and you're all alone in that opinion. Next time, spare us of the manifesto.

No I'm not dude.
  • Reply 80 of 122
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    oh, I am surprised. Someone is not agreeing with Ireland.

Sorry man, I could not resist!