kmareikmarei Posts: 178member
    modem firmware changed from 04.03.13_G to 04.04.05_G

i bet the will make it harder to unock updated iphones
  • Reply 42 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmarei View Post

modem firmware changed from 04.03.13_G to 04.04.05_G

i bet the will make it harder to unock updated iphones

Only if they changed the SECPAC. Currenly ZiPhone still works and unlocks phones.
  • Reply 43 of 116
    It would be rude of Apple to state for some time that there would be an SDK before end of Feb, give out an update towards the end of Feb and not tell us before the update that the SDK will not be ready until some other time. That would be rude and I think it is how Apple is treating us. It would have been much nicer if they had said we are sorry but it wont be ready until X date and the update released today is only for X. But it seems that is too much to ask for.
  • Reply 44 of 116
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

It would be rude of Apple to state for some time that there would be an SDK before end of Feb, give out an update towards the end of Feb and not tell us before the update that the SDK will not be ready until some other time. That would be rude and I think it is how Apple is treating us. It would have been much nicer if they had said we are sorry but it wont be ready until X date and the update released today is only for X. But it seems that is too much to ask for.

I don't see how the fact that there's an update is "rude" even if it's for a latter purpose.
  • Reply 45 of 116
    No applications yet, but with 1.1.4, if you drag/drop a bookmark from page 1 to page 2, then press and hold it for 2 seconds, an horizontal line appears dividing the page in two, the upper has the title "Applications", the bottom part has the title "Bookmarks". Dragging th icon or realising it will make the titles disappear.

\
  • Reply 46 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macrumors View Post

No applications yet, but with 1.1.4, if you drag/drop a bookmark from page 1 to page 2, then press and hold it for 2 seconds, an horizontal line appears dividing the page in two, the upper has the title "Applications", the bottom part has the title "Bookmarks". Dragging th icon or realising it will make the titles disappear.

\

Sweet!

This update probably had to do with the SDK for developers.
  • Reply 47 of 116
    I can't tell any difference after the update.
  • Reply 48 of 116
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

\

No sign of this stuff on iPod touch
  • Reply 49 of 116
    Quote:

\

Doesnt work on my iphone
  • Reply 50 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Doesnt work on my iphone

Well, it was the guys first post \

can anyone say suspicious?

I'm surprised with all these members however that "Macrumors" was naver taken as an SN, it seems like an obvious choice
  • Reply 51 of 116
    Quote:

\

I can't get this to work. Anyone else?
  • Reply 52 of 116
    Quote:

\

I don't follow what you're saying.. "..drag/drop a bookmark from page 1 to page 2.." \
  • Reply 53 of 116
    it doesnt add flash support does it? thats gonna open a new world to these devices
  • Reply 54 of 116
    I have my iPhone packed to the gills with viewing material for an upcoming trip. When I sync it now, I get a new pop-up on the iPhone screen:

Warning

You are running out of disk space.

Please delete some photos or

videos.

I don't know if this is a new message or not, but it's the first time I've seen it. It's also the first time I've seen an iPhone refer to "disk space." This would be a useful dialog box if you had an application installed (like the iTunes Store) that downloaded content from the internet. Hmmm...
  • Reply 55 of 116
    Here's what I found (pretty sure they weren't there till this update):

1. Settings > Safari > Block Pop-ups

2. Settings > Safari > Search Engine > Yahoo!
  • Reply 56 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriendInMyPants View Post

it doesnt add flash support does it? thats gonna open a new world to these devices

No, it doesn't add Flash support. No, this will most likely never be added. No, it wouldn't open a new world - it wouldn't even work well (can you imagine zoom-panning around Flash movies? No hover state? No drag'n'drop? Hello?)

No, the SDK will not enable developers to make a Flash plug-in for Mobile Safari.

It's just not happening. Please stop the madness. Think of the children.
  • Reply 57 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbehunin View Post

Here's what I found (pretty sure they weren't there till this update):

1. Settings > Safari > Block Pop-ups

2. Settings > Safari > Search Engine > Yahoo!

Both of these were there from v1.0. Unlike Google, Yahoo's search is iPhone-optimized, so you might want to try it.
  • Reply 58 of 116
    Here is a stupid question:

If upgrade to 1.1.4 assuming I can Ziphone it, because of SDK does that mean that none of the thrid party apps we have now (currently running 1.1.3) will work with 1.1.4? I don't mind trying to unlock it providing I am not going backwards for a while until the apps are released.
  • Reply 59 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Reaperducer View Post

I have my iPhone packed to the gills with viewing material for an upcoming trip. When I sync it now, I get a new pop-up on the iPhone screen:

Warning

You are running out of disk space.

Please delete some photos or

videos.

I don't know if this is a new message or not, but it's the first time I've seen it. It's also the first time I've seen an iPhone refer to "disk space." This would be a useful dialog box if you had an application installed (like the iTunes Store) that downloaded content from the internet. Hmmm...

It's not new. iPhone has also always asked you if you wanted to delete videos after you were done playing them, to save disk space.

With v1, that may have helped free up some disk space for content you add on iPhone (notes, bookmarks, contacts, camera pictures, etc.)

When the iTunes Store was added, it helped free up room for your downloads.

Now it will help with installed apps. They were disk-space-conscious from the start.
  • Reply 59 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PorschePhD View Post

Here is a stupid question:

If upgrade to 1.1.4 assuming I can Ziphone it, because of SDK does that mean that none of the thrid party apps we have now (currently running 1.1.3) will work with 1.1.4? I don't mind trying to unlock it providing I am not going backwards for a while until the apps are released.

That is a stupid question. moron.