Who deletes language support for 99% of the languages in OSX?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Am I the only one who strips out the language support on my desktop computer just because? I leave about 5 languages in it but for my work computer, I am never going to use any language besides English to operate in. So why don't I do this?

Are there more people out there that strip this stuff out?

Just curiuos...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I usually use monolingual or delocalizer to get rid of languages I'll never use.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I stripped it all, but English.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I use Youpi Optimizer and only have a few languages on there. It saves so much room, and 99% of the time, no one would ever use those other languages. There should be an extra option on software installs to ask which language support you want. It would save time getting rid of it all later, and would save space for the people that don't know they should get rid of it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I strip all languages except English and English (UK). I have retrieved close to 2GB of space after stripping unused languages. Cyberduck offers monolingual disk images so you do not have to worry about polluting your system with languages you do not use.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I keep most of the languages on my Mac since I'm multilingual and I travel a lot. But I ALWAYS get rid of that 4GB of printer drivers.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Synthetic Frost View Post

I keep most of the languages on my Mac since I'm multilingual and I travel a lot. But I ALWAYS get rid of that 4GB of printer drivers.

You keep most of them? How multilingual are you?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjei7 View Post

You keep most of them? How multilingual are you?

Ha ha. Well, I only speak 3 languages, but I can actually read about 10 or 11 written ones to some extent or another. I find that switching the language on my Mac every now and then is a great way to learn the written languages. Because your mind remembers the placement of certain things.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Apple OS X Supports 100 world languages in localization?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Best way is to not forget to click the Customize button on the Installer when installing the OS, and un-checking the things you do not want.