iPhone resale

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Suppose I buy an iPhone today and in 3 months the updated 3G model is released. Can I buy that new phone and continue to use it on my current ATT contract with 1 yr & 9 months remaining, then sell my previous phone? Would the purchaser of the new phone then need to take out a new 2 year contract with ATT?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    from what i understand u have to renew a 2 year contact with att... I know this is causing alot of controversy right now with iphone users but if im wrong about it someone else please chime in but I believe thats what you have to do. If you just jailbreak it u could use your sim card from your iphone now but I dont believe you will get visual voicemail working on it... not 100% but im pretty sure.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    seems that would present quite a hurdle for existing users to upgrade who'd otherwise jump on the new hardware...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    anthem - you're half right. afaik, you do have to renew your contract with AT&T, but it is backdated to the original start date. this means that your contract still finishes at the same time as the first one, and no extra cost etc. i can only think this is some artefact of the activation process as it makes little sense otherwise. see here for one of the news articles covering it: http://www.iphonealley.com/news/at-t...e-new-contract

phil