New Releases 2008 and on

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, so we have the Air (woohoo) and we have the new MBs (lackluster and all), but we still dont have anything real

So predictions for 2008 and on

Mini-Event (March)

--- iPhone SDK + Lotus/Exchange Support

--- iPhone 2.0 Update (as is explained in AI reports)

--- iPhone International Debuts (many, many many - see Jobs' touring bills of 500K) Hopefully CANADA

NAB 2008 (april)

--- Phenomenon (Shake 4 replacement)

WWDC 2008 (june)

--- 3G iPhone (and many more countries) inc. SDK (if not released in March)

Summer/Fall 2008

---- Montevina Platform (inc. Penryn v.2 processors) in the MB, MBP, iMacs and Mac Pros

---- switch from DVI to DisplayPort 2.0 in all machines (DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI adapter available) (new Cinema Displays)

---- FireWire 3200 (bye bye eSATA, its as fast and has power to devices and is networkable)

---- Adopts Blu ray (DVD Player becomes Disc Player), Blu ray now in MBP and MacPro standard (probably later in others or as BTO)

MacWorld 2009

---- MAC TOUCH

---- Core 3 (Nehalem) in everything

NAB 2009 (april)

---- Final Cut Studio 3 inc. Disc Studio 5 (replaces DVD Studio 4) and support Blu ray as new computers have BD drive

---- bundles in Phenomenon and Logic Studio for Media Studio (all 3 for 3 grand, bye bye Adobe in Audio/Video)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    May I suggest you do some research on Montevina and Nehalem before you post things like that:

- Montevina is a mobile platform (not for the Mac Pro)

- Nehalem will come litlle by little just like Penryn (expect to see the mobile versions in Q2 2009)

I think Apple will continue its annoucements every week, or every other week for quite some time. It will be like watching Battlestar Galactica every sunday night, expect it will be on tuesday mornings.

• Reply 2 of 7
    Like mjtex says, you need to do more research. On top of what he said, it would be impossible to see a Shake succesor at NAB 2008 as Apple have categoriacally stated they won't be there this year.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Can you guys please do some more research on the intel chips supporting new mobile platforms? I'm hoping an apple mobile internet device debuts this year not next.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    You forgot something in Summer/Fall 2008:

-iPhone Nano

-iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

-(probally not but)200gb iPod Classic
  • Reply 5 of 7
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookAir77 View Post

You forgot something in Summer/Fall 2008:

-iPhone Nano

-iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

-(probally not but)200gb iPod Classic

It would be nice if they made the classic smaller, and started making 128 and 256 models, and a 16 GB nano.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    With Intel releasing new processors to bury AMD, expect to see more processor change in Apple product line.

Anyway check out this page "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_(CPU_architecture)".

Im guessing the MBP is getting Clarksfield and the MB is getting Auburndale. I wonder if they are goin to be any GMA updates for Nehalem.

Anyway aint Nehalem releasing end of this year?

And anyone can tell me about Montevina? So far I heard Nehalem is the biggest performance upgrade, so how is the Mentevina?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

With Intel releasing new processors to bury AMD, expect to see more processor change in Apple product line.

Anyway check out this page "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_(CPU_architecture)".

Im guessing the MBP is getting Clarksfield and the MB is getting Auburndale. I wonder if they are goin to be any GMA updates for Nehalem.

Anyway aint Nehalem releasing end of this year?

And anyone can tell me about Montevina? So far I heard Nehalem is the biggest performance upgrade, so how is the Mentevina?

Read closely the pages of the link you just provided and you'll see that Nehalem for mobile computers is coming Q2 2009 (not the end of the year).

Auburndale will have a GPU core integrated to the cpu (that's one of the bid deals of Nehalem, along with the integrated memory controller).

Montevina will bring a speedbump in almost everything: clock, FSB, RAM, GMA. Just like it has been written all over the web, penryn chips don't bring a lot more performance but better power management under Santa Rosa, Montevina will bring up the performance factor as well as even better power management.

But if you can wait until mid 2009, you'll have an even faster/efficient computer (nehalem),

and if you can wait till mid 2010, you'll have an even faster/efficient computer (westmere),

and if you can wait till late 2011...