I had this crazy dream last night

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Okay bear with me. No, no drugs were involved (only prescription ... )

The year is the not-too-distant future. We open with an island. The island is some sort of tourist destination. They are building a massive dock for one of those huge cruise liner things. There is a broken down refinery, contaminating that part of the island.

Next, there is some sort of invasion of various creatures. These are kinda freaky.

Now the backstory is that somehow humans have genetically designed these creatures. Based on information from aliens. The aliens (humanoid) were actually the ones that "nuked" the earth to kill off their experiments gone wild a long time ago: the dinosaurs.

Okay now fast forward a few years. The war is on between these weird creatures (think HalfLife2 weird creatures meets those things from Starship Troopers)... and the human population. Imagine this is a big not fully-explored island in the middle of nowhere (yes, sounds like Lost).

The humans are not alone, they have help from androids and also the weird creatures that have "defected" to the human side. Eg. I remember from the dream, benevolent lions and birds. Some semi-intelligent, some very intelligent. Yes, sounds like the "Vortigons" from HalfLife2.

Now, where do I come in. I am the protagonist of this "movie". I am in some sort of time loop (yes, Terminator, GroundhogDay)... each time I come back into the situation at the start of this "war"... but I remember a bit, so things accelerate as I start out from n00b into the fighter for the human side... each time I repeat from the start of the "war".

There is this cool turret like thing (yes, RTS games) which floats along with each team of humans roaming around the island. It deploys when needed to provide cover fire. The team of the fighters in the war consists of various personnel. The sergeant, leading and training the noobs. Then there is the "tracker". This person seeks out the weird creatures in the various urban (remember the island was a tourist destination before) and non-urban locations. The sergeant is usually female and the tracker is usually male. Then there are the androids (ala Portal) who assist the humans.

So what of the island. After a while, contact is lost between the island and the rest of the world (yes, Lost). People on the island wonder why there is no help from satellites above, or scramjets, or even planes. The thing is the rest of the world has gone into a massive, destructive World War 3 while all this is going on. So maybe there is an uneasy truce between the [weird creatures] and [the humans and the weird creatures that defected to the human side]. The androids are more a neutral party but programmed to be loyal to the humans. Maybe eventually since there is no contact with the outside world things evolve over decades or maybe centuries on the island. Then eventually (of course!) the aliens return. Then things get interesting.

Okay so there are a few ghosts and spirits and stuff roaming around and these have some significance in the story but I have no idea what.

This morning after the dream this sounds pretty freaky but I think what happened is that my mind must have mashed together all sorts of video games and TV and movies that have been floating around in my consciousness for a few months. Including recently watching "Jumper".

Maybe I could write a book someday, and it would be made into some trashy Michael Bay/ Jerry Bruckheimer movie.

Or it could become a rehash of Lost.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Okay bear with me. No, no drugs were involved (only prescription ... )

The year is the not-too-distant future. ....

1st or 3rd person?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    That was great, you know. I wish I had similar dreams. In my dreams someone is chasing after me, or I'm running somewhere, or I'm late. Bad dreams.

Maybe you should start with sci-fi novel based on the dream?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Was this in Color or Black&White?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

I can't say that I've ever had a dream in black and white.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I can't say that I've ever had a dream in black and white.

I used to when I was little.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Was it in 1080p?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

I think both. Some bits black and white, some color.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Was it in 1080p?

It was shot on film, had a look and feel like "Atonement".

Mastered to biochemical-digital-nanoatomic, viewed in 5 dimensions.