Ipod Touch 32Gb Price Drop?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey Everybody,

I'm interested in getting a 32 gig Ipod Touch, but not for $500! Anybody know what the general timeframe is before Apple drops prices on new Ipods?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm waiting for a price drop, too. I want a 32GB version, but would only buy if it were more like $400.

But I doubt we'll see it very soon. Apple just dropped the price on the Shuffle, and just announced MacBook and MacBook Pro upgrades. That's a fair number of announcements. I doubt they'd announce any other deals for a while.

Also, the 32GB model was introduced 3 weeks ago. If they dropped the price so soon, they'd annoy the people who bought them already, just like they annoyed people who bought the first iPhones, then dropped the price a couple months later.

The fact that the price of the Shuffle dropped, due to flash memory getting cheaper, does give me hope, though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Probably in Sept/Oct in the run-up to the holiday season.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Given this quote from this article...:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=84873

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Meanwhile, the analyst noted that while iPod unit growth is clearly declining, improving average selling prices (ASPs) from a positive mix of iPod touch models should enable the company to drive ongoing revenue growth for the foreseeable future.

...and given some other rumors of price drops due to falling flash memory prices, I don't think we'll have to wait until next Christmas. After a small rest from the recent Shuffle and MacBook announcements, I have a hunch we'll see an increase in memory in the non-Touch iPods (like we just saw with the Touch and iPhone), or a decrease in price in iPods, or both. Probably in the not too distant future.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    when you buy from amazon you get a 1GB shuffle free.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-tou...dp/B0012JNQYK/

Just wait a few months and there will be. Sams Club has the 8GB for $264 with updated software. In time..
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I was going to mention the Amazon deal too.

I've got access to corporate pricing which puts the 8G @ $281& 32 @$469.

Plus they've got the 8G & 16G on the refurb list @ $229 & $329 respectively.

I'd say the earliest you are going to see a reduced price 32G will also be on that Refubished list, but that's still about 2 months out. Other wise, outside of these deals(amazon/corp/etc.) a lower purchase price on the 32Gig won't be till Sept/Oct. before the holidays... Don't forget in '07 they had that big iPod event in September announcing the Fatboy (3gen Nano) and the Classic, and the Touch... I'm putting my money on a September iPod event this year too.