need help

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and gonna be new to mac as well I'm planing to switch to a mac from pc, currently I'm in the mist of blur I'm planing to buy a macbook pro the most basic version, and I proceeded to a store in town and I realized that the macbook pro has released a updated version.

My question is the previous macbook and the new macbook is there a big different because the store that which I want to buy the macbook giving me a rebate of $ 550.00 for the previous version.

Is it worth investing on a older version or just buy the updated version....... your advice is much appreciated.

Thank you so much and have a nice day....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    While $550.00 is a nice rebate I think getting the updated MacBook Pro is a better choice. You will get twice the Video RAM (256MB vs. 128MB), 66% more hard drive space (200GB vs. 120GB) , the Penryn processor (more energy efficient, new SSE4 instructions set), and it has a Multi-Touch trackpad like the MacBook Air.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

While $550.00 is a nice rebate I think getting the updated MacBook Pro is a better choice. You will get twice the Video RAM (256MB vs. 128MB), 66% more hard drive space (200GB vs. 120GB) , the Penryn processor (more energy efficient, new SSE4 instructions set), and it has a Multi-Touch trackpad like the MacBook Air.

Hi troberts,

Thank you so much I sincerely appreciate it and you have a nice weekend.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    yeah that is a pretty nice rebate, but i would go with the new ones. The more powerful computer you have the less problems you are likely to have. And your computer will be pretty dang fast