Anybody play tranquilty?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It's at <a href="http://www.tqworld.com"; target="_blank">www.tqworld.com</a> . I got it the other day, and I've been playing it a lot. It's a very unusual game, emphasizes exploring rather than conquering the world.

Interesting stuff...well worth a look.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dwsdws Posts: 108member
    I have been a fan of Tranquility since it first came out.

It is an unusual game that has to be played to be understood. Floating around a 3-D space bouncing off of platforms, hunting for elusive spinners - over and over again - sounds boring. Mesmerizing is closer to the mark!

A common mistake people make is to download the demo and try it out a number of times. While this is fun, it is nothing like the variety of experiences available in the paid-for-life version.

A completely new version of the game, a radical departure from the original, is in development and will be released this year. Given the inventiveness of the creators of the first game, the 2nd ought to be incredible. Owners of the original Tranquility will be able to upgrade to the new game at no extra cost.

I play nearly all the games that are available on the Mac platform, but it is Tranquility that I come back to again and again.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Looks weird, like an old screensaver. I guess I'll give it a try.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    One of the most addictive games I've run across..... can't wait to see 2.0
  • Reply 4 of 5
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    I've played it before. It's kinda fun, but certainly don't try playing right after you've played any other game. 'Twitch' responses don't work well in TQ.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm glad this game is still around. I tried it out when it was released. Maybe when the 2.0 comes out I'll try again and buy.