New iPod - Questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A friend just gave me her 20GB iPod Clickwheel. I have never owned an iPod, and have a question (and will probably have more later). The install CD she gave me is, from what she believes, is her daughter's Nano. When I started installing it, is asked for the seriel number. The problem is that it wants 11 digits, but the iPod she gave me only has 10. Is there a place to download the installation CD for a 4th Gen. iPod Clickwheel? I didn't see anything on Apple's site other than User's Guides.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    I'd love to begin using it, but I'm at a loss to do so without installing the software.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak View Post

A friend just gave me her 20GB iPod Clickwheel. I have never owned an iPod, and have a question (and will probably have more later). The install CD she gave me is, from what she believes, is her daughter's Nano. When I started installing it, is asked for the seriel number. The problem is that it wants 11 digits, but the iPod she gave me only has 10. Is there a place to download the installation CD for a 4th Gen. iPod Clickwheel? I didn't see anything on Apple's site other than User's Guides.

Thanks

I'm not sure if I can help or not, but I've had many iPods and don't remember ever entering a serial number.

Have you tried this:

1. Go to Apple.com and download the latest version of iTunes.

2. Install it.

3. Run it.

4. Connect the iPod.

I really don't think that there's anything more to it than that.

Let me(us) know if that worked.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'll second that. The "install CD" is just a (by now out of date) copy of iTunes. Apple stopped bothering with even that some time in '06, since they figured most people could easily download a current version.

Which is what you should do.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Hi,

you can found your problem from here http://ipod.askreplies.com/ please vist this and solve your problems.

Cindy.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Opening iTunes and connecting it seems to do the trick. Thanks for the help!