Apple releases Aperture 2.0.1, GarageBand 4.1.2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Monday afternoon release maintenance updates for its recently released Aperture 2.0 photography workflow application and its GarageBand 4.0 music creation software.

Aperture 2.0.1

Aperture 2.0.1 [43.9MB] includes significant fixes aimed at upgrading libraries from earlier versions of Aperture, publishing .Mac Web Gallery albums, preview generation and deletion, creating and ordering books, AppleScript support, keyboard shortcut customization, watermarking of emailed photos, highlight Hot and Cold Areas, and appearance of metadata overlays in the Browser, Filmstrip, and on light tables.

The release also packs a number of minor fixes involving such areas as Loupe, Smart Albums, All Projects View, Straighten Tool, Filmstrip, Drag and drop import, Thumbnail generation, Import window, and Export plug-in reliability.

Apple said the release recommended for all Aperture users.

GarageBand 4.1.2

Meanwhile, GarageBand 4.1.2 [19.1MB] improves overall stability and addresses issues with the automation of software instrument parameters, FireWire and USB based audio devices and Magic GarageBand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Monday, software update. Tuesday, hardware update?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    j120387j120387 Posts: 56member
    hardware update of..?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    minis? iMacs?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Now my DigiDesign MBox interface works with GarageBand again (after having installed Leopard).
  • Reply 5 of 18
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    They are somewhat running out of things to update on Tuesdays...

iPod Nanos, iPod Classics, Cinema Displays, Mac Minis and iMacs are the only ones not updated recently.

Cinema Displays are much due an update - cheaper, thiner + added iSight would be my guess. Compare the thickness of the existing Cinema Displays to laptops... they must be able to make them thinner...
  • Reply 6 of 18
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eAi View Post

Well then, sounds to me like they need to come out with some entirely new stuff!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Cinema Displays are much due an update - cheaper, thiner + added iSight would be my guess. Compare the thickness of the existing Cinema Displays to laptops... they must be able to make them thinner...

Definitely not the same. The notebooks generally use lower quality LCD panels, it's likely a compromise needed to make it into a portable size.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    s10s10 Posts: 107member
    Wondering if it fixes the "delete images and expel card"... which wasn't deleting the images (raw) from my 4GB SD anymore.

downloading now and let's see....
  • Reply 9 of 18
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Well then, sounds to me like they need to come out with some entirely new stuff!

Apple's shareholder meeting is tomorrow. They wouldn't announce something new

at the meeting.........................or would they?????????
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Has Apple ever released a non-firmware/driver update which was not recommended for all users?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    I use a large DELL (30 inch) screen with my 17 inch MBP, and aprt from the fact the DELL is larger and therefore very nice, i cannot see any quality lacking in the MBP. JeffDM could you elaborate at all as to what is lower quality in a MBP lcd even against the external LCD's? BTW the floater is too expensive - but it works great so I can be in single external monitor mode
  • Reply 12 of 18
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

iPod Wii!
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Apple's shareholder meeting is tomorrow. They wouldn't announce something new

at the meeting.........................or would they?????????

Nope.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

iPod Wii!

WTF?!?!?!

Elaborate please....

• Reply 15 of 18
    gastroboygastroboy Posts: 530member
    Quote:

Add Airport Express to that list.

I have been trying to get around what I thought was a problem of my own creation.

My iMac when it is cabled through AE runs at 1/4 the speed compared to being directly plugged into my VDSL modem.

I finally got confirmation from a very helpful Apple support, that this is an Apple issue and to expect a firmware update at some unspecified time.

I thanked him but commented that it is odd that I spent over $200, on Apple's recommendation, to run my network slower!
  • Reply 16 of 18
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

I use a large DELL (30 inch) screen with my 17 inch MBP, and aprt from the fact the DELL is larger and therefore very nice, i cannot see any quality lacking in the MBP. JeffDM could you elaborate at all as to what is lower quality in a MBP lcd even against the external LCD's? BTW the floater is too expensive - but it works great so I can be in single external monitor mode

Wider viewable angle should be one, the notebook screens do seem to shift in color quicker. Screen brightness might be another consideration, though for me, desktop screens are too bright. That Dell desktop display is an 8 bit per channel display. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the notebook screens use temporal dithering to fake 8 bit. Response time on desktop displays should be better too.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly View Post

WTF?!?!?!

Elaborate please....

A joke... as indicated by accompanying smiley.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    zanshinzanshin Posts: 350member
    Quote:

Cinema Displays are much due an update - cheaper, thiner + added iSight would be my guess.

• Glass high gloss screens

• FW800 port

• more USB ports

• digicam card readers

• HDMI port

• DisplayPort

• multiple input selection, fer gawd's sake...