Titanium PowerBook or 12in PowerBook?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So my iBook is slow and has a broken opitical drive so I thought I should get a new MacBook but it was too pricey so I thought at PowerBook because one of my teachers has one and she says its good for a 6yr old laptop but I have seen tons of videos on YouTube with PowerBook G4 12in and then again I want a PowerBook That can run Leopard but these are the only ones I can find:

Titanium PowerBook

PowerBook 12in

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Those prices look high to me.

Why not try ebay. You can probably find an old g4 PB that is faster (1.5 or 1.67 ghz) for less.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    j120387j120387 Posts: 56member
    if your willing to spend that much on a powerbook, you should try to find a used or refurbished macbook on ebay because its close to those prices.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J120387 View Post

if your willing to spend that much on a powerbook, you should try to find a used or refurbished macbook on ebay because its close to those prices.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Those prices look high to me.

Why not try ebay. You can probably find an old g4 PB that is faster (1.5 or 1.67 ghz) for less.

Well on ebay its like $200 then a couple mins. later its like $700 but I'll look for one

EDIT:I'm looking for one around $600 or lower
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    The thing about buying such an old machine is you are getting a machine without a warranty. It could die on you within a week and you would have just lost all that money. Here is a 12" powerbook for $500 but add on the postage and it's $528.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-PowerBook-G4-...QQcmdZViewItem

Then look at the Apple refurb store and you get a Macbook with a full warranty and the possibility of Applecare for just $320 more:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=FB061LL/B

That machine is also 4 times faster and has a magnetic power cord/latch and you can run Windows apps on it and it will come with Leopard.

I'd keep an eye on the Apple Store because the Macbooks with the GMA 950 should be even cheaper than that one.