appleworks 7 - when will it come and what will it cost?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
...just asking because i'm going to buy my first apple in the next weeks (ghz-imac) and heard in several forums that apple is going to update osx and appleworks in 2003.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Appleworks is included with the iMac. However, if they upgrade it after you buy your computer you will also have to buy it. Most likely the price will be $99 or so - just speculation. There might be a grace period where you could get a free upgrade. I'd ask when you buy the machine.

OS X gets regular free upgrades. OS X 10.2.4 is expected any day now.

We never know for sure but I'd guess that in the fall the next major version of OS X will come out and Apple will want to charge $129 for it. However, this too is speculation and likely to engender a lively debate.

Finally, no one knows for sure when anything is coming from Apple and how much they will charge for it. Also, in some cases Apple has rolled back some prices in face of opposition.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Funnily enough, we're talking about this same topic just about <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002374"; target="_blank">here</a>.

I the version stays at 6, I'd expect it to be a free download, but if it goes to 7, get the wallet ready.