Quote:
    Originally Posted by running View Post

well, when apple says "in june", it means "delayed to october, maybe"

They mean @WWDC.
  • Reply 22 of 146
    mowenbrownmowenbrown Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevepeck View Post

All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.

All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.

All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.All this good stuff is coming via iPhone Software v2.0 in JUNE.

Wait... when is it coming? are we to assume you are unhappy? If it were out today and less capable you would complain it sucked. More features later and it too long a wait. What is there that you can not possible live without until June? I admit I would love to have a to-do app prior to June, but the phone has seen through the last months as is, the next 3 should be easy.

I am unclear, is the app store going to be in iTunes?

On the upside I guess we know when 3G is getting here.
  • Reply 23 of 146
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by running View Post

$99 fee to publish applications? even for "free" applications?

this is against nature of free software

Then write a shareware application to offset your time.
  • Reply 24 of 146
    mowenbrownmowenbrown Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ravelgrane View Post

No, it's against the nature of free hosting.

I imagine it'll stifle individual creativity a bit. Although I think I read some where that apple was for profit? is that true?
  • Reply 25 of 146
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Encourage your favorite IM application provider to write a Cocoa IM application for your iPhone.
  • Reply 26 of 146
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

On the upside I guess we know when 3G is getting here.

I was thinking the same thing. Friday, June 27th seems like a likely release date for the 3G iPhone at this point.
  • Reply 27 of 146
    "KPCB venture capitalist John Doerr is on stage to introduce iFund... $100 million for iPhone developers, about 10 times that of the Google Android fund."

For reference, here is the description of Google's fund (http://code.google.com/android/adc.html):

"Cool apps that surprise and delight mobile users, built by developers like you, will be a huge part of the Android vision. To support you in your efforts, Google has launched the Android Developer Challenge, which will provide $10 million in awards -- no strings attached -- for great mobile apps built on the Android platform."

This is verrrrry interesting.
  • Reply 28 of 146
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgabrys View Post

STOP IT WITH THE AUTO-REFRESH! I'm trying to read a long article and the page keeps blinking because the sysop is a ***.

Well, that was unnecessary.
  • Reply 29 of 146
    Quote:

I imagine it'll stifle individual creativity a bit. Although I think I read some where that apple was for profit? is that true?

$99 isn't much, but it will prevent some really awful apps being hosted just so some punk kid can say he wrote an iPhone app.

Quote:

STOP IT WITH THE AUTO-REFRESH! I'm trying to read a long article and the page keeps blinking because the sysop is a FAG.

Are you really that obtuse to the concept of blogging an event in realtime. If you can't read that page in 60 seconds then I feel sorry for you. I hope that you get banned for your comment.
  • Reply 30 of 146
    Sorry guys ya getting nothing for your Iphonie for at least 4 months, never mind they have been out nearly one year might as well wait another.

When Apple introduced the iphonie they knew what it could do but they knew how much money they could make.

We are suckers of Jobes lies
  • Reply 31 of 146
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Well, I'm not a developer, but this all seems pretty dang cool. I look forward to snapping up an iPhone this summer.
  • Reply 32 of 146
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Are you really that obtuse to the concept of blogging an event in realtime. If you can't read that page in 60 seconds then I feel sorry for you.

Right now, it's done, there's no reason to have it continue refreshing.

60 seconds? Are you a speed reader? There was a LOT of information there, it's not just fluff. Maybe I could skim it but not actually read the entire article. The refresh completely resets the page location to the top.

I do agree that the person you responded to was way out of line.
  • Reply 33 of 146
    Quote:

The $100M iFund may help to offset that $99 a little.
  • Reply 34 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevepeck View Post

Sorry guys ya getting nothing for your Iphonie for at least 4 months, never mind they have been out nearly one year might as well wait another.

When Apple introduced the iphonie they knew what it could do but they knew how much money they could make.

We are suckers of Jobes lies

Please take you meds. They are good for you.
  • Reply 35 of 146
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

$99 isn't much, but it will prevent some really awful apps being hosted just so some punk kid can say he wrote an iPhone app.

Are you really that obtuse to the concept of blogging an event in realtime. If you can't read that page in 60 seconds then I feel sorry for you. I hope that you get banned for your comment.

Re Stevepeck: Submit his name. The more that does the greater the chance he will be.
  • Reply 36 of 146
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    An interesting tidbit from the Q&A session:

Q: How likely will there be a VoIP application?"

A: Jobs "We'll limit them over the cellular network but WiFi will be fine"

Nice nice nice!

I wouldn't expect them to allow it to work over cell-data - cept maybe in a rogue app...

D
  • Reply 37 of 146
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Well, This just confirm what I have been saying to Louzer few days ago.

"Q: What safeguards are in place to make sure the apps will be secure?

Steve: It is a dangerous world. One one side, you have a closed device like the iPod, you don’t have to worry about 3rd party apps mucking it up. And on the other hand, you have the PC where people spend a lot of time getting it to work. We want the best of both. The developers are going to register with us if they want to distribute them. If they write a bad app, we can both track them down and we can turn off the app’s distribution. So we’re putting controls in place."
  • Reply 38 of 146
    Quote:

The event is OVER dumbshit. The page is refreshing for their little ads. And yes - anyone who wants to fvck readability for their advertising rotation is a FAG.

No, no it's not.
  • Reply 39 of 146
    Quote:

The $100M iFund is going to go towards helping fledgling developers.

Apple, I WUV YOU!

Seriously, that is just sweet.
  • Reply 40 of 146
    mgabrysmgabrys Posts: 36member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

The greater the chance he will be having more sex than Abster2core

Fixed.